Sunday, August 24, 2008

A BIG Heart!

Yesterday was Nana's funeral. We opted to take both children. Carson really insisted on going, and talked about it throughout the week. The funeral was perfect...just want I think Nana would have wanted. It was very small with only family members present. We were provided the opportunity to speak, and I praise God that He provided me the strength to speak of how special Nana was to me. Carson did very well throughout the service until the end. We had all finally stopped crying. Then we looked over at him, and he was REALLY crying. He said, "I just miss my Nana". As they were burying her under the ground Carson walked up to the hole in the ground, stood so seriously, and placed his hand over his heart. Then tears were flowing from everyone else's eyes again! I am so proud of Carson.

Then there was today...

We found a small dead baby snake in our driveway. Carson decided that he wanted to bury the snake. He went inside got the lid of an ice cream container he had just finished, walked outside, used a stick to scoop up the snake, and walked back inside. Then he quickly proceeded back outside with the snake placed in the ice cream box, and the lid was covering it. He walked back inside and "buried" the snake. His idea of burying the snake was to place the ice cream box in the empty drawer in the bottom of our refrigerator. He then asked to sprinkle the snake with his p0wdered Hawaiian Punch. The "dead" snake is patiently waiting in our refrigerator until Daddy gets home and tries to convince Carson the snake MUST go in the woods! I love this boy to pieces!!!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

He is the sweetest little boy! I am so proud of what a big boy he was on Saturday.

Kristy said...

Bless his little heart! I'm glad the services for your Grandmother turned out the way that she would have wanted.