I feel that God is wanting me to share the rest of the Hall family story with the blogging world. On Saturday before school started on Tuesday, a local church in the community volunteered to come in and conduct a prayer walk through our school. I felt God was strongly leading me to join the participants that morning. I was a few minutes late, so I arrived in the middle of the opening prayer which began in our front office. Upon the completion of that prayer, we were asked to split up and walk through the school and ask God's blessings on each component of it. Sitting on a chair in the office was Mrs. Hall. I was so excited to see her. She told me she was planning to go pray in my classroom, but since I was there, she was going to pray over me in my room. When we arrived in my room, she asked that I sit at my desk, and she would sit beside me. She began telling me the rest of the God story and how He worked it out for Hannah Grace to come to our new school which wasn't in their original plan. She then proceeded to tell me that when they received a postcard saying I would be Hannah Grace's teacher, she knew God was in complete control. As we were talking my principal walked in, and Mrs. Hall immediately asked if he minded hearing our story. He pulled up a chair in front of my desk and listened intently to how God had brought the Halls into my life and continued to have our paths cross. They were truly my angels on earth the night of the accident, and continue to be my angels 'til this day. Mrs. Hall then asked if she could pray. All three of us held hands, and all three of us shed many tears as she asked for God's blessings upon me, my classroom, my students, the entire faculty and staff, her daughter, and our principal. I truly felt God's presence in my room that day! It was the most miraculous feeling, a feeling I have NEVER experienced before as a teacher. As we were praying we had several visitors stop by to hear part of my journey through prayer. Finally, the minister entered my room and asked specifically to pray over our principal. I am so blessed to have such a strong Christian leader who appreciates the way God brought the Hall family and me together as much as we do! What amazes me the most about the Hall family is they pray on the way to school each and every day for each child in Hannah Grace's class by name! Each day I have walked in my room since Saturday I feel such peace, and I know God is in there protecting and providing witnessing opportunities for each of us. Hannah Grace gave me a journal before school began. I vowed for the first time in my ten years of teaching to journal each night about my day and my students. I couldn't believe to read the verse at the bottom of the page that I began writing on after the first day of school. At the bottom was the verse, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!" Isaiah 43: 18-19. That verse put me at complete ease with my decision to begin a new journey at a new school this year! I thank God daily for the Hall family and the blessings they bring into my life!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
God is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God is good!
Isn't he amazing! You just never know how he is going to work or when but you know he will!
Heather,
I can tell you are going to have a wonderful year! God is SO good!!!!
Post a Comment