Thursday, August 14, 2008

God is Always Working and Blessing!!!


I have NEVER been able to write about one particular situation that God had His hand on during the night of my accident, but I feel that he is laying it on my heart to share with the blogging world tonight. This summer during Vacation Bible School, Sabrina told me about a family that almost immediately arrived at Target at the time my accident occurred. This family did not know me at all, however, they parked their car at the end of the Target parking lot closest to the highway. They each got out of the car, held hands, and prayed for me... a stranger they didn't even know. After praying, they went into Target for the shopping they planned to do. When they were leaving Target, they saw the JAWS of life and the two car seats in the back of the car. Once again, they prayed...they not only prayed for me, the stranger, but for my two precious children pf whom they feared were in the backseat. They prayed God would have His hands on those two precious children! The next day they went to church and saw Freddy, Sabrina's husband. He explained that Sabrina wasn't at church that day because she was at the hospital visiting her friend who had been in a car accident the previous night in front of Target. That stranger the Hall family had prayed for was no longer a stranger in the same way. I was blessed with the opportunity to speak to and hug this sweet family this summer when I was told of this miraculous God story. Well, God continued to work! He continued to heal my body at such a fast rate in which I would be able to return to what God planned for my life- to be a teacher and begin a normal school year as a walking teacher, not one from a wheelchair. God continued to work. He handpicked for me each individual child that He wanted me to touch this school year. He chose for Hannah Grace, the same little girl who stood with her family to pray for a "stranger" to be in my class. I pray now that God will allow me to touch Hannah Grace and her parents' lives the way that they have touched mine! They are truly a blessing to me!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right. God really has His hand over this. He orchestrated every detail of them seeing you, the burden He laid on their hearts to pray for you, and now HG being in your class. I CAN"T WAIT to see what He has in store for y'all next!
Sabrina

Elizabeth said...

This made me cry! God is ALWAYS in control and He will continue to have His hand on you as school starts. You CAN do it!! :) I love you!

Kelly said...

I just read this outloud to Andy and my eyes filled with tears and chills covered my arms. God is so GOOD!

trish said...

I'm speechless about this.... God is absolutely AMAZING!!!! I know you will touch every child's heart in such a special way!!! :) :)

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Wow! That is really about all I can say.
God really does work in amazing ways. I have been following a blog about a lady who is pregnant with her 4th that was diagnosed with a heart issue and was told he would die within days..that has been 5 weeks ago now and he is still in utero and doing just fine...at her last appt this week the baby's heart was 100% normal. Absolutely amazing the work He does!
I am so glad that you are able to start the school year!!!

The Pettigrew's said...

I love this story. I am so amazed by God's grace. I remember this lady from my high school days at Welford I think, I can't before sure that is where I know her from. She has always been a Godly lady.

Wellspring SC said...

Heather,
I am friends with the Hall's and have been blessed by Christine sharing all that God has done and is doing.
He is a full-circle kind of God and knowing Him... i bet the best is yet to come!
Susan

Lydia said...

Too cool. I know Christine! I went to Wellford First Baptist in high school. God is good!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful story! It just shows how God works everyday in our lives.After I read this, I called my mama over to read it and her eyes filled with tears! We just found out that my grandma (my mama's mama) has cancer again, so this story really touched my mama in a way that I didn't even realize it would. It reassured her how God works in mysterious ways and is always sending "angels" to watch over us and pray for us! Thank you so much for sharing this!
-Alaina

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of what God did! Tears filled my eyes as I read this story. WOW! God is GOOD, all the time and ALL the time, God is good! Love ya, Charlene

The Browns said...

how sweet! you know hannah have been ave's bff from birth! we love the halls too!