I know it has been awhile since I have posted, but to be completely honest my life has been in some sort of a whirlwind lately. I absolutely LOVE my job as a teacher to the most precious fourth graders!!! I know God perfectly hand picked each and every child that I teach! I LOVE my new school! I LOVE my new coworkers! I LOVE my new administrators! I LOVE teaching so close to home! I LOVE the brand new beautiful school building I am blessed to teach in! I LOVE having Carson at school with me! I LOVE seeing the excitement of learning in Carson's eyes each and every afternoon when I pick him up from the car line! But despite all of the things I LOVE, my body is physically REJECTING my new life. By three o'clock every day, my body and mind begin winding down very quickly. After much prayer, I have decided to begin physical therapy yet again! I thought after an entire summer of therapy three times per week, that I was "healed". I guess I could say I was "healed" when I could lay down whenever I chose to, sit whenever I chose to, and my brain didn't have to fully function for seven to eight hours a day! And...I sure wasn't reponsible for forty-three children! I had my first therapy session last night. Since I have decided to return to therapy, I had to find a facility that provided evening/night therapy. I loved my new therapist. After my initial assessments last night, I quickly learned that my body is NOT in good shape. The therapist told me that it would be at least three months before I would be "feeling" better. I struggled with the decision to return to therapy because it would take away from what little time I have for my own two precious children in the afternoons/evenings. God had other plans for me though. Yesterday, on the day I was to begin my therapy again my daily devotion said,
Accept each day exactly as it comes to you. By that, I mean not only the circumstances of your day but also the condition of your body. Your assignment is to trust Me absolutely , resting in My sovereignty and faithfulness.
On some days, your circumstances and your physical condition feel out of balance: The demands on you seem far greater than your strength. Days like that present a choice between two alternatives- giving up or relying on Me. Even if you wrongly choose the first alternative, I wil not reject you. You can turn to Me at any point, and I will help you crawl out of the mire of discouragement. I will infuse My strength into you moment by moment, giving you all that you need for this day. Trust Me, by relying on My empowering Presence.
On some days, your circumstances and your physical condition feel out of balance: The demands on you seem far greater than your strength. Days like that present a choice between two alternatives- giving up or relying on Me. Even if you wrongly choose the first alternative, I wil not reject you. You can turn to Me at any point, and I will help you crawl out of the mire of discouragement. I will infuse My strength into you moment by moment, giving you all that you need for this day. Trust Me, by relying on My empowering Presence.
Psalm 42:5; Corinthians 13:4; Jeremiah 31:25
God is GOOD all the time! All the time God is GOOD! I know that He is still working his miracles in my life. I am turning it all over to Him. I look forward to the progress He has in store for me physically.



5 comments:
It is GREAT to hear from you! I'm so HAPPY to hear that you are so HAPPY!!
Hope your PT will continue to go well and you will feel completely healed in no time at all!
Love you,
Teresa
Thanks for posting again. I can just imagine how busy you are. I know God and your new therapy will take care of you.
Hang in there. I'll be thinking about you.
Wow...what a word from the Lord! He seems to always give us just what we need when we need it.
Hang in there!
Love ya,
Sabrina
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!It's about time you got that computer fixed. Imagine my surprise when I clicked on your blog to see a new post! YIPPY! I sure wish God would speak to me in the ways he speaks to you. So glad you are doing PT. I'm sure it will make a big difference. Tell Carson he can come over for meatloaf the next time I cook it. HEHE!
Love ya girl
Post a Comment