Monday, September 22, 2008

Six Years Ago Today...

Dear Carson,
It is officially 5:44 in the morning. Six years ago at this time, I was patiently, but very nervously awaiting your arrival. Mommy spent the night in the hospital, and waited for the doctors to help you make your grand entrance into this world the next day! My world was forever changed when you made your grand entrance into this world at about 3:40 in the afternoon. All of your family and mommy's friends were at the hospital patiently awaiting for those doors to open and the announcement to be made that you were here! When I think back to that day I can't help but cry tears of happiness. God gave me the best gift ever... a baby boy that would grow up to be the AMAZING BIG boy you are today!! This past year has been a difficult one for you, one that I never imagined you would have to experience as a small child. To begin with your baby sister whom you absolutely ADORE had to be put in the hospital for a few days. That was so hard for you. It was hard for you to understand and hard for you to be away from your family while we were in the hospital. Then in April your mommy was taken away from you for a month. I know that is NOT a lot of time in the grand scheme of life, but to a five year old it could seem like an eternity. I praise God for allowing me to live on this earth as your mommy. He knew you needed me as much as I need you!
Even though I am much better now and am at home with you, I am still not the mommy I strive to be. I am working really hard to be able to run with you, play baseball with you, let you sit on my lap, let you be able to hug me tight... all the things I used to do and LOVE! I love that we are still cuddle bugs, that we race every morning to see who can get dressed first, that you are at school with me, that you are my BIG BOY!!!!! Carson, God provided me with the greatest little baseball fan and "Jimmie Johnson" that I could have ever asked for. I pray that as you grow up, you will grow closer to God, and fully understand the miraculous things He has done in your family's lives. I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life this year! Before we know it, you will be seven! Carson, I love you to the moon...and back!

I love you,
Mommy