



After an official diagnosis of the FLU for Ella on Thursday night, I felt quite depressed-SAD that I had a sick baby AGAIN, SAD that we had to cancel her birthday party, SAD that she would be SICK on her actual birthday, just SAD! Well, when I got to work I didn't feel so SAD for at least a short while because I had three of my FAVORITE students "shadow" me for the day! Trish, Sarabeth, and Averee spent the entire day with me. It was AMAZING! They read with my students, participated in our Reader's Theater (except TRISH!), walked in a straight line to bathroom break, graded papers for me, highlighted Reader's Theater scripts, and even ate lunch at the "teacher's table"! For some reason, I could not convince them to "shadow" me until I left work on Friday evening at about 5:15!!! Someone had to go see a movie!
It was so GREAT to get to spend an entire day with the girls! I guess the only sad thing about the day was it made me realize how OLD I am becoming. Trish and Sarabeth are both graduating this year. It is sooooo hard to believe that my very first class will be beginning college soon!
Thanks girls for making me SMILE on an otherwise "gloomy" day!!!!!! You're the BEST!!!!!!



3 comments:
Hows beautiful Ella doing?? I hope doing better!!! You'll have to tell her I said HAPPY BiRTHDAY!! lol
I'm sorry I didn't participate in the Readers Theater, gosh.. i sure did miss out on it though! haha..And you better believe that tomorrow morning, I will be talking about how I got to sit at the TEACHERS TABLE & rub it in everybodys face! hahaha - Thank you for helping me accomplish my goal..even though it took me until being a senior in high school to do it, now.. i can officially say " I sat there and ate lunch with the teachers" - hahaha.. gosh i'm hilarious ;-) - You know I'd be happy to stay with you on a Friday til 5:15 to actually see what it's like being a teacher considering I failed to do so. lol
i'm going to go & update mine being i had orders to do so!! have a great night!! love ya!*! :]
We LOVE YOU!!! In all seriousness, Trish and I have agreed that if you ever need volunteers for any kind of function or if you need help after school one day let us know and we will be there! We will definately be coming to the talent show and you must come to our graduation!! Also, I have another picture to add to my Shadowing blog of the three of us =] Have a fabulous weekend!
Heather, I can't believe that you have 18 year old girls that call you "Mrs. Cassidy." Yep, you are getting old. :)
Post a Comment