Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ella's First Valentine's Day Gift!!!!

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
There will be Tamiflu
For our little Roo



Well, today really marked the last of Ella's "FIRSTS" when it comes to holidays. She had her First Saint Patrick's Day, First Easter, First Halloween, First Thanksgiving, and First Christmas in 2007. Sadly, I would have to say this day brought heartache instead of LOVE for all of our family! Ella began running a fever yesterday afternoon and by this morning it was 102. We topped out at 104 this afternoon. Ella was a sick baby girl. She was very lethargic, wouldn't eat, didn't mind me placing a cool washcloth on her little head, and was BURNING up! Finally, at the 104 temperature I decided that a doctor's visit tonight was necessary. I didn't want to take a chance of waiting until tomorrow. We finally saw a doctor at about 7:40. After an examination and a quick swab in the nose, Ella was officially diagnosed as having the FLU!!!!!! Since she is only three days away from turning one, the doctor did prescribe Tamiflu for Ella. She did also have her flu shots, so hopefully this won't be too bad. I don't think a fever of 104 is too mild though, so we'll see. To help protect Carson, the doctor prescribed the same medicine for seven days. Brian and I both have to call the doctor tomorrow morning for our share!

As her Mommy, my heart breaks for our little girl. She has had to endure so much since the beginning of December. I hate to see her so sick and weak.

The doctor, Brian, and I feel that it is best to postpone for BIG BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION until all is well in our household. This saddens me also. We were so excited to celebrate her first year with our family and closest friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Ella is sick again! Winter has not been kind to her at all! I hope she bounces back quicky and the rest of you stay well!
Take care,
Teresa

Lydia said...

I'm sorry to hear she's sick again! I hope she's feeling better today.

Kelly said...

Good gracious! I hate that Ella is sick again. I hope she feels better really soon and that yall don't get sick with the awful flu!

Kristy said...

Hope she feels better real soon. Hopefully you and Brian won't get it.

Anonymous said...

Aw! I hope that Miss Ella gets to feeling better SOON! I can't believe that she is already a year old! She is definately a cutiepie (i'm sure she gets this from her Mama!) Anyway, i'm sorry that she is sick and that the big party has to be postponed but this only means that the party will be a GREAT BIG BLOWOUT!! I had the best time shadowing you Friday! Have a wonderful weekend =]