Monday, May 5, 2008

CINCO DE MAYO

There will be no cheese enchiladas for Heather today. Heather has been moved to Mary Black Hospital. Apparently there was a lot of miscommunication and some negligence on the physical therapy's part at Spartanburg Regional. I spoke to Heather around 5:00 today and she had just arrived at Mary Black. She will be on a very extensive physical therapy program that will begin in the mornings and will continue until 3:00. Therefore, she will not be allowed any visitors until after this time. I'm sure that they are going to expect a lot out of Heather, and I know that she may get discouraged at times. Please continue to pray that the Lord gives her the strength she will need to overcome these obstacles that have been placed before her.
*Heather, you are a tough girl. God saw you through that car accident for a reason. He definitely won't let something like "physical therapy" get you down. You be strong, and remember the outcome will be you getting to come home to your husband and kids. Maybe next time I see you, I'll get to take you for a spin outside for some fresh air:) Love ya.



*Posted by Kristy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I am so proud of all the progress you've made. Remember how hard it was just to sit up a week ago? Look how far you've come!! You've always been determined...use that to your advantage now! :)
Remember Hebrews 13:5-6!!
Love you a bushel and a peck!
Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Hey! I hope the move went smoothly and you've gotten all settled in. I'm sure you're ready to show the therapists there just how tough you are! Bring it on, right????
Take care! Remember that you're in our thoughts and prayers.
Love you,
Teresa

The Pettigrew's said...

I hope therapy went good today. I am so glad the bath was good for you today. That gives you a little more independence back again. You are doign great, one step at a time!