Part of Heather's physical therapy is to go out into the "world" again to see how she will handle daily obstacles. On Thursday, she had a date with her trainers. She got to go in a car for Mexican at lunch. She didn't say what exactly it was that she ate, but knowing Heather like I do, I would be willing to bet it was a cheese enchilada and beans. Anyway, after her lunch it was a treat of ice cream. She managed to walk to the counter at Brewster's all by herself to order her ice cream. Can you believe all this? Heather has been in the hospital for 28 days, she has gone from ICU to getting out for lunch and ice cream. I bet if there were time, she would have wanted to go to the outlets:)
Heather, we are all so very proud of you. You have the will and the termination that is often lacked in others dealing with the same situation. I really can not imagine all that you have went through to get to this point, but I do know the work you have put in to it and the emotions that you have had to deal with. And after seeing you Wednesday, I felt like crying. At one point in all this I was so very scared for you, really. I almost lost my best friend. Now when I see you, I am just so proud my heart could burst!
*Posted by Kristy
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh this is so wonderful!!! I sure hope you still get to come home soon.... are they still saying possibly next week?
WOW you are doing wonderful!!! How exciting. I am proud of your accomplishments. You are going to be just like new when you come out. Can't wait to see more post. I try to keep up daily!
WOW!! Sounds like quite an adventure!! I am sure that it felt so good to be out and about even if it was just for a little while! What flavor of ice cream did you get?????
I am so proud of you!! Hope to talk to you or see you soon!!
Love you,
Teresa
Way to go Heather! We are all still praying and pulling for you the whole way! Everyone is so proud of you!!!
Post a Comment