Saturday, May 17, 2008

4 Weeks Ago!

Four weeks ago, life as I knew it came to a screetching halt within a few short moments!!!!! Thankfully, God protected me by keeping all of the extremely traumatic events free from my memory!!!!! I stand amazed and in awe at how God has healed my body over these past four weeks and how he has provided me with the most AMAZING support system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My very first memory was being moved out of ICU. I can remember my body being consumed with pain and really not sure why. Of course I was highly medicated and continued to be so for the next several days! After several days of being in a regular hospital room, I became more aware of my new "life" and began adjusting accordingly even though it was very difficult physically and emotionally. After a two week stay in the "normal" hospital, I was provided the opportunity to begin my rehab at another facility. Monday will mark my second full week in rehab, and hopefully Tuesday will mark the greatest milestone of all for me- the opportunity to return home!!!!!!!!! Over the past two weeks, God's healing powers have been present constantly!!!!!!! I can now put on my own tennis shoes and even tie them, I can walk at least eighty feet, I can bathe myself, I can completely dress myself, etc. My pain level has tremendously decreased as well!!!!!!!! My nurses, nurse techs, doctor, and therapists have been the absolute BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not have asked for any better care than I have received here!!!! I have and continue to have some minor secondary health issues resulting from the accident and trauma that continue to show up. I pray that those will heal with time, and that my life begins returning to "normal" very soon!!!

Words could never express how much I APPRECIATE every single person who has supported me thoughout this journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel so undeserving of everything!!!!!!!!! The calls, blog comments, visits, meals, gifts, cards, magazines, games, equipment, hugs, music, pillow cases, etc. have truly brightened my days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Heather, I'm so glad to read one of YOUR postings. This keeping up with 2 blogs is quite difficult:)I am so looking forward to you coming home Tuesday. You better enjoy those last few days at the hospital in the peace and quite. You'll be home before you know it. Like I have mentioned time and time again, I am just so proud of you. If you ever need anything, please ask. Can't wait to see you at home. Love ya.
P.S. How's that journal writing going?

Anonymous said...

Home sweet home!! I know you can't wait for Tuesday to come so that life can return to normal!!:)
We serve a mighty and awesome God!! Praise His name for bringing healing to Heather's body!
Love you,
Teresa

The Pettigrew's said...

I am so excited you are typing on your blog. I am proud of your accomplishments. You have done so well with allowing God to be your strength and not trying to do it on your own. The news of you coming home is wonderful. I know your husband and children can’t wait. It's amazing what we take for granted.

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Heather, I am happy to hear things are going so well!! I know you are ready to get out of the hospital and go home to your family. I continue to pray for you!!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!! I am so proud of you! Your determination and positive attitude have made all the difference in your healing process. I can't wait for you to come home. I know Ella, Carson and Brian will be thrilled to have mommy back! :)
I love you bunches,
Sabrina

Lydia said...

Glad you are continuing to improve. I had plan on stopping by again today because I was going to get EK weighed. We ended up at the Dr anyway, bc she's got a running nose. He said she's not contagious, but I wasn't going to chance it stopping by! I'm so happy for you. I know you're ready to be home.