Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Striving for Some Sort of Normalcy!

I have almost been home for an entire week!!! It has been difficult trying to adjust to life again! Life seems so busy back at home in comparison to the recent life I was used to. I have so enjoyed being somewhat of a mommy to my precious children again!!!! Carson has been the sweetest five year old little boy I have ever met! He loves to hug and kiss me, push me in my wheelchair, and remind me of how his daddy told him he would have to help take care of Mommy once she came home! Ella has changed sooooo much!!! She is NOW WALKING!!!!! It took her fifteen months, but now there is NO stopping her! She is also completely spoiled rotten and has perfected the art of pitching a fit! I never realized how much I missed Car and Roo until I returned home!

We have been blessed from the first day I returned home with visitors and meals!!!!! Thanks to Kelli, we have frequent dinners arriving to our home!!! Meals mean the world to someone who cannot prepare really anything for herself or her family!!!!!!! I thoroughly enjoy company!!!!

Friday was quite difficult around here! The home health nurse came out to visit. While here, she became quite alarmed with my heart rate, blood pressure, and right lung sounds. She immediately called the doctor and suggested that I visit the emergency room!!!!!!!!!!! Those were definitely two words I didn't want to hear again!!! My fabulous husband left work, drove home, and off we headed back to the emergency room! When I arrived my heart rate was 135!!! They immediately moved me to the major care section and a doctor arrived within moments. He ordered MANY tests again! I am thankful to report that all of the tests came back "normal" if there is a such for me anymore. My heart rate returned back to normal before leaving, and he sent me home with medicine to help until I saw my doctor on Tuesday.

Aunt Lizzie got a quick taste of her new life on Saturday when she stayed with us!!!!! She was jumped all over, climbed on, had to carry a whiny baby around on her hip, watched a five year old try to kill flies with Lysol, and of course took great care of her sister!!!!!!!!!!! Trisha also visited on Saturday and brought her Wii! It was great to play again even though I had to sit down this time!!!!!!!!! I am proud to announce that I haven't lost that touch yet! I still beat her!!!!!!! On Saturday night, I had my first "official outing" to Carson's baseball banquet! It was nice to be able to see the team and all of the parents again!

I enjoyed my first Sunday lunch from my wonderful mom on Sunday even though it had to be cooked at my house instead of hers. Sunday night the Brown family came over and cooked out for us!!!!! It was DELICIOUS and of course we enjoyed their company!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memorial Day was a busy day for us! Carson had a play date with Tripp while Ella had a play date with Clara. Elizabeth, Mom, Carolyn, Trisha, Lindsay, Jordan, and I ventured to school to begin cleaning out my classroom!!!!! I NEVER realized how much stuff a teacher could accumulate within nine years of teaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After working most of the day, I am proud to say that we are almost done!

Today marks the day I begin all of my doctor's visits! I am scheduled to see an internal medicine doctor today, so I feel a little anxious! Tomorrow, I visit the orthopedic doctor. I pray that there has been healing and that we will receive an answer as to when I can begin putting weight on my right leg!

Tonight, I will attend the benefit concert being held in my honor! I thank God for allowing me the opportunity to attend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It is about time you updated! Its not like you have anything else to do! :) I enjoyed my weekend being climbed on, changing nasty diapers, being fed by a 15 month old, etc. It is different, but at least now I won't miss out on much in the lives of my niece and nephew! :) Too bad we don't have pictures!! Love you! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree that it is about time for an update! We need to see some pictures...Carson at ball, Ella walking, something!
You didn't post that Carson jumped off the diving board. That was major news!!!!! :)
Love you TONS and I am soo proud of you!
Sabrina

Anonymous said...

I agree with Liz..it's about time, lol. So glad that you can't say you don't have a "life" anymore..you are one busy girl...proud of you!!

The Pettigrew's said...

I am so glad youa are back to normal!!!! Kelly W and I are brign dinner on Friday.

I hate that I missed tonight but I am sure that it was a great time.

I hope all your appointments go well.

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Heather, I am SO glad that you updated - I have been thinking about you and wondering how things were going. I hope your dr appts went well for you and continue to do so. I planned to come tonight to the benefit, but one of my little ones was not feeling well and did not want to part with mommy. I hope it was a wonderful night!

Elizabeth said...

Did you realize that you used about 150 exclamation marks in this post?!?!?!?!?! :)

Anonymous said...

It was AWESOME to see you at school today! You looked GREAT!!! The kids were buzzing all morning with the news that you were coming! They have missed you so much! I'm so glad that you were abel to come and see them.
I will be calling you soon so that we can come for a visit!
Take care!
Love you,
Teresa

Kristy said...

I totally agree with what everyone is saying....ITS ABOUT FRICKEN TIME YOU UPDATED!!!! I really am glad that life is getting back to "normal" for you. Looking back over the past month, you really have overcame so much.

p.s. I'm beginning to get jealous, what do I need to do to help you to get mentioned on your blog ha,ha,ha.....I thought that was pretty funny. Love ya