Life is continuing to pass before my eyes in the hospital. I can't believe it has been TEN days already! I am beginning to adjust to life here. I am actually learning and adjusting to the routine quite well. I know in the mornings, I will be greeted by a team of doctors before six o'clock. There is nothing like being woken up by them each morning! I then receive a quick visit by my nurse around 7:30 or 8:00 of course to get my pain medication!!!! At about 9:00 my breakfast arrives, and of course it takes my entire family to convince me that it is essential that I eat! Usually right after breakfast, I get my daily "bath"! Sponge baths are definitely NOT a favorite of mine. Therapy usually follows. Each days the intensity increases. I am proud to admit that yesterday I made it from a laying position, to a sitting position, to a standing position, turned around, and into a sitting position in a chair.
My AMAZING FRIENDS and FAMILY continue to be my SUPPORT and SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is absolutely NO way I could complete this journey alone!!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
ok I tried leaving a comment on the other post you did but it did not show up. I kept getting a error or something.
Anyway! I am so glad you are up to posting. I am not going to be all emotional on you! Keep your spirits up and I will see you soon!
Love ya
I have contacted Estee Lauder about a spokesperson job.
kjb
Girl you are doing great!!!! It's amazing how fast you are improving. I mean in the beginning the word was major surgery on your hip and now it was nothing..only painful therapy. Although it doesn't seem like a good trade off it's amazing. You are doing great; we will sign you up for a marathon in a few months. Deal. Routines are good, that way there are no surprises…even really early in the morning. I know you are eager to get home so keep resting and taking care of yourself!!! You have to EAT remember the times with Carson or even Ella when they didn’t eat. You need your food for stregngth. I will keep you guys in my prayers.
So glad to see a post from you!! We love you and miss you tons! I will try to come see you again soon. Praying for you and your family as you recover.
Heather...I came across your blog thru some others I had been on...I am so sorry to hear about your car accident. I hope you get better very soon and get to leave the hospital to go home to your beautiful family!!! I know it has to be hard to be away from them. I have 2 little ones myself...a 19 month old son (Avery) and a 3 month old daughter (Lauren). I would love to catch up with you after you get better!!
Amanda Byars (from high school...95).
My blog is
www.amanda-familynews.blogspot.com
I'm SO proud of you BFF!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!! It will pay off soon!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!! =) =)
READY TO MAKE BETS! haha JK! :) :)
Glad you are doing better. Hang in there. Just wanted to let you know we are still thinking about you and praying.
Hey! Keep working hard and taking your recovery one step at a time!You will get there!! I am so proud of you!!
Miss you!
Love,
Teresa
You know I am so proud of you for your hard work in therapy! I cannot even imagine how painful it must be. But you are strong and you just have to push yourself a little harder every day! Your babies miss you and can't wait for you to get well enough to come home!! (I can't wait either!!)
Hey Heather! I am so glad that you are feeling well enough to blog! You are doing a great job with getting back to normal, keep it up! I miss seeing you in the hallways! Love you!
Valen =)
Sweet Heather,
I am so glad that you are improving. I have been keeping up with you everyday via KJB. Know that we are praying for you everyday! Keep up the good work! I can’t wait to see how God is going to use this for His glory!
Love,
Jaime
Its so good to see you document your accomplishments!!! You are doing great!!! Keep it up, friend!!! Love ya!!
Heather,
I am keeping up with your road to recovery and am very glad to read about your improvements. I wish you well very soon!! You are in my thoughts and prayers each day.
Amanda
I'm ready for you to post some pictures!!!!!!
luv u,
sabrina
Mrs. Cassidy!! I am so proud of you! You have been a fighter from the get-go and look how successful you have become! You are still so beautiful and are definately an inspiration to me. My prayers are with you and your family and are constant. I love you dearly and can't wait to see you again!
Post a Comment