




Roo developed a horrible case of hives yesterday afternoon after the pediatrician's office closed of course. Being the paranoid mother that I am, I didn't want to take a chance and wait until Monday for a doctor to see her. We opted for Doctor's Care rather than Urgent Care or the Emergency Room, both of which we have had HORRIBLE experiences. Well, the doctor at Doctor's Care didn't have experience with children under two, so he told us that he didn't feel comfortable making a diagnosis. I guess I am grateful for his honesty. The office was kind enough to locate another doctor for us who did have experience with little ones, so we ventured to yet another doctor's office. Our second doctor was WONDERFUL! She seemed to think Roo had an allergic reaction to something. Her hives had improved greatly just in the time it took to travel to the second office. We tried to make Roo as comfortable as possible, but as the night approached the fussiness increased, and she even developed a slight fever. Needless to say, it was a very sleepless night around our house. This morning her hives were out-of-control. Her poor little body looked horrible and she was fussy, fussy, fussy. I ended up calling the on-call service for our pediatrician. After answering two thousand questions, I was given the advice to try Benadryl. Benadryl did help somewhat with the rash, but not the crankiness. Nothing is worse than trying to take care of an inconsolable baby with you have had no sleep!
Trish and Ryan stopped by just as I had finally rocked Ella to sleep, so Trish could bring Carson a prize! I tried to move with Ella asleep, but that didn't work. Ella was AWAKE again and full of cries! Trish saved the day AGAIN!! She rocked little Roo to sleep and continued to rock her until she received a special visitor with a special prize! Her super-precious boyfriend, Ethan, came by to bring her a little treat to make her feel all better. Ella was a completely different baby once Ethan arrived. She wanted out of Trish's lap to play. She smiled her little toothy grin, talked, crawled, and played like nothing was wrong with her at all! Ethan brought Ella her first flower and a little balloon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After playing inside for a little while, we ventured outside so Ethan could take Ella for a little ride in her car, and of course so Carson could play baseball and basketball with Trisha and Ryan.
Thanks Trisha, Jessica, and Ethan! You are the BEST!



6 comments:
I hope Ella Ella Ella is doing much better!!!! :) :) - she is just TOO cute and I am sorry that I have her spoiled as well as CARSON!! - The pictures of them are just ADORABLE!!!! - I LOVE THEM!!! - I hope Carson enjoyed his prize!! :) :) - I hope you have a great day tomorrow... I am sure you're first day back will go just lovely!! :) - I'll be sending you pictures like crazy though... of course to make u LAUGH instead of being depressed!! haha...I literally can not WAIT until summer!!! We are going to have a blast!! :) :) - I miss you terribly!!! Love you LOTS!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
I LOVE getting your good morning messages!!! :) :) - I hope your first day back goes just LOVELY... even though you won't see me.. I had super super fun yesterday... i love my toes! :) - I should put a pic up on the blogger.. ha ha - put "free service at... " hahahaha... - its 7:26 in the morning and i feel like ive been hit by a BUS! - I hope i'm not cranky all day.. haha.. - you will be getting pic txt thru out the whole day! :) - be excited!! haha.. anyways, i gots to go and finish getting ready and all that... i'll talk to you later girly!! Have a GREAT day!!! :) :)
love you verryyyy muchh!!!!!!!
can't wait to go to cars games!! We got to get those shirts.. snap. hmm i dk wut to put on them.. help! lol.
I absolutely LOVE the pics of Ella and Ethan. Probably 3 seconds after you posted them I sent them off to walmart for printing and picked them up immediately today!!! I was very excited!!!! Anyway, hope Ella is doing much better. Flowers usually help, right!!! Hope your 1st day back was great. Wish we could rewind and go back to the zoo!!!!
Poor Ella! I hope she recovers quickly!
Teresa
That poor Ella! Has she made it through an entire month WITHOUT being sick in some way???? Your poor family has been through the wringer!
And I thought Brianna was too young for a boyfriend,haha. I hate that Ella was feeling so bad. But flowers really do the trick don't they:)
Post a Comment