Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Perfect Day at the Zoo!






























We "officially" ended our Spring Break with a trip to Riverbanks Zoo! We got up super early and met Trish, Jessica, Cassie, and Ethan on Friday to begin our day-long journey to Columbia. Carson was so super-excited! I think we must have heard "Are we there yet?" a million times within the first thirty minutes of driving! We arrived to much colder and cloudier weather than expected. I was accused of looking up the weather of Colombia, South America instead of Columbia, South Carolina! Mommy of the Year had Carson wearing shorts and short sleeves with no jacket! After wrapping himself in a blanket for a few minutes, I guess he decided to be a little chilly. He didn't care. All that mattered to him was seeing all of the animals. He was slightly impatient at the beginning. He just wanted to glance at each animal and move right along. He was wanting to find the hippo and gorillas. All children were great until lunch. I think Ella must sense when her mommy is about to eat because for some reason that is when she always decides to become inconsolable!!!!!!! That must be her idea of a weight loss program! I did manage to almost eat my entire lunch with a screaming baby in my arms. After eating, Roo took a little nap while we enjoyed the sea lions and the gorillas! Carson LOVED the gorillas. I think he spent the most time watching them than he did anything else at the zoo. Toward the end of our visit, Carson, Trish, and Cassie watched a bird show while the babies finally had a diaper change. A trip to the carousel, playground, and gift shop ended our day at the zoo! We actually managed to leave the gift shop only spending 2.99 on a little camera that showed pictures of animals. This is definitely a record!

We couldn't leave Columbia without a trip to the mall! A trip to a place where there are too many kid things is always stressful with a five year old. Carson wanted everything from a Webkinz to a cookie. He even tried to be sneaky and try to convince me to let him make a Build-a-Bear for Trisha! He is so super sweet! Ella didn't let me down this time during dinner. She proceeded to scream and cry and even choke while I was trying to eat!! Maybe one day I will enjoy a meal again.

Our ride home was pretty eventful and stormy! Carson and Ella finally crashed, so it was nice to have a little time for a kid-free conversation without hearing "Mommy", "Mommy", "Mommy"!

We had a FABULOUS day, and I am very SAD that Spring Break is OVER!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Spring Break week went by WAY too fast! I'm glad you all had FUN at the zoo and the mall!! What a great way to end the week!!:)
See you on Monday!
Teresa

trish said...

Heyyyy friend!!! :) :) - Id have to say... my spring break did go by fast but I sure did have fun spending couple of days with YOUUUUUUUU && your adorable kids!!! :) :) - I hope miss Ella is doing better... i'll get her something to make her :) :) :) - only bad thing will be is that the mommy will be mad, mad, mad - haha.. it really does stink that our break is offically over.. well yours is.. i still have monday to have fun! haha.. its 1:17 in the morning and i am watching alvin & the chipmunks, writing u this comment... =)


i went today to get a wii and they were all out of stock everywhere besides costcos.... i think tomorrow i will be going back to get me one from there.. supperr excited!!


about ryan... we went to walmart and did not get home til abt 11ish and ryan wanted to come over but of course mom said no bc it is late n it was raining and she did not want him to drive in the rain.. so.. he is coming over tomorrow... but i am pretty sure i already told u this thru a txt but i don't remember so.. i'm sorry if u had to hear this twice.. haha.. anywayss... i'm almost done with my update.. i'll prob. post it tomorrow bc i think im going to go to bed in a min.. i'm kind of hungry but i am going to ignore my stomach and go to bed. =) - hope u sleep great & all is better for you with ella & all.. goodnight mommy!! :)


i love you girly!! :) :)

Kristy said...

Heather, I don't know if it's because I haven't seen you in over a month or what.....But you sure are looking SKINNY!!!!!! That "ella" diet of yours must really be working. Can I borrow her for awhile:) Seriously, I need to start walking, do you need a walking buddy?

Brianna sure loved the pictures and now is wanting to go to that zoo. She will just have to go to Greenville Zoo for now.

Heather said...

Kristy- You crack me up!!!!!!!! I am TRYING to lose weight. Not sure if I have really lost any or not! It must be that you just haven't seen me in awhile. YES, I would LOVE to walk. Let's do it girl!!!!!!!!! You can borrow Ella anytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She won't let you eat! That is for sure!

Heather said...

Oh Kristy- How could I forget...It is just that I have learned how to hold my chin, so it doesn't look so bad!

Lydia said...

I love the pictures. You guys look like you had fun. I'm so sad spring break is over. It's getting harder and harder to leave her. EIGHT weeks is all I've go to say!!!

Kristy said...

Heather, it's not you holding in your chin that's making your face look skinny. I'm talking about that tiny waist of yours. I'm serious about walking. I get off work by 5:30 and can try to have dinner done by 7. Interested in walking then?

Jessica said...

We had a blast at the zoo!! So glad Carson was so insistent on going!! Do you think the weather in Columbia, South America was warm and sunny all day or no? ;-) And of course the mall was great, very very glad Carson let us go even though you guys already have enough stuff at your house!! We'll have to do it again sometime!!