Friday, June 1, 2007

An AMAZING Surprise!!!!





























Wow! Words cannot express how blown away I was with my Surprise 30th Birthday Party!! I have never had a surprise party in my life, so this was the BEST! I still can't believe I didn't have a clue about it... Well, anyway, it was a pretty normal day at home with Carson and Ella. We met Brian for lunch at Fatz. After lunch we drove to Lowe's so I could get some cans of spray paint. I then tried to venture out to Target with Carson and Ella by myself because I was determined to get a new outfit to wear to what I thought was a dinner date with Brian. He had been telling me all week that we were going out for my birthday, just the two of us. Mom and Dad were going to keep the children. He convinced me that we had reservations at 7:15 at a "mystery" restaurant that he wouldn't reveal. He just asked that I not wear my "valure" outfit. I guess he doesn't realize you don't wear that type of material in the summer anyway! :) I couldn't find a thing to wear at Target, and I tried everything on that I owned in my closet. NONE, I mean NONE of old shirts fit, and if you've seen me you know why!!! I was really depressed, but there was NOTHING I could do about it. I resorted to wearing my khaki capries and a black polo shirt. (YUCK!) - - - Not what you want to wear on a date!!!! So, Brian got home from work about 5:30. I was so ready to get out of the house! He had to shower, iron his clothes, watch a little television, etc. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why in the world it was taking him SOOOOO long to get ready. I kept telling him that I was ready to get out of the house, and that I was not just dropping the children off and leaving. He kept saying if we left by 6:30, we would have plenty of time to get to the restaurant on time. I was convinced by that point it was El Mexicano!!!! Finally, it was 6:30 and we could leave! He conveniently forgot something in the house, so he had to go back inside- - - stalling some more! Then, he drove 10 mph all the way to Grammy and Papa's house! When we finally made it to their street I was SHOCKED to see all these cars around Lizzie's house!!!!! There was Charlene's van, Poppy's car, Kristy's car, and Carolyn's van just to name a few! When I opened it door I was so surprised to see most of my closest friends and family members sitting in Liz's house! :) (Freddy, Sabrina, Tripp, Kelli, Josh, Savannah, Kristy, Poppy, G.G., Sarita, Carolyn, Sara, Charlene, Mom, Dad, Liz, Teri, Carson, Brian, Ella, Karen) Liz began the party by showing a slideshow of "my life" until 30! She backed the pics with music from Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam, Bon Jovi, New Kids on the Block, Poison, and Pat Benatar (sp). It was so good to cry and laugh all at the same time! After the show, we enjoyed a terrific meal including hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, chips, etc. Just what I didn't NEED, but it WAS my birthday. (I have to justify it some way!) The cake and ice cream were pretty amazing! My cake had a picture of me on my very first birthday! I was very blessed with terrific gifts including a sand castle candle that had a little boy and girl on it, gift certificates (even one to a spa!), clothes, money, a summer basket full of goodies, and a bracelet. Brian, Carson, and Ella gave me a digital photo frame!!! I can't wait to set it up! Carson drew me a precious picture of our family! After presents the children played and the adults had a photo shoot! It was an AMAZING night! Thank you so much Lizzie, Mom, and Brian for pulling this one off! You're the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Charlene said...

The party was great! You really were surprized, I believe. It was really fun. The pictures are great. Hope you had a wonderful 30th birthday!

Anonymous said...

It was blast...I'm so glad you didn't figure it out. Happy 30th girl!

Anonymous said...

Just got home from Disney...had a BLAST!!
Tripp loved seeing his picture on the computer! I didn't love seeing mine...can we do a retake?? ha ha ha
Glad you were surprised! Let me know if you need a sitter for your spa time. I'd love to keep your babies! :)