Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The "JOYS" of Two!


One of my favorite summer activities has always been taking Carson to "storytime" at the public library. We have made it a "summer tradition"! I couldn't wait to be able to attend two storytimes each week. We would enjoy lap babies first then stay for the preschool storytime. I allotted plenty of time this morning to get ready. I made sure Ella was fed, so she wouldn't be hungry at the library. I neglected to think about trying to take a "sleepy" baby to the library! That is actually worse because at least if she were hungry, I could take care of that rather easily. Getting her to sleep in a public place is a total different story. We arrived right after storytime began. (I just can't make it to anything on time anymore no matter how hard I try!) I got Ella out of her seat and put her on my lap! All was great! Ella was sitting and smiling, and Carson was being a BIG BOY sitting beside his mommy! :) This continued throughout the entire two books and several songs. Lap babies was over, and we still had thirty minutes to wait for Carson's storytime to begin. The crying begins. The walking, pacing, rocking, walking, patting, pacing...began. Nothing was working! Ella was fighting SLEEP! I finally got Ella and Carson outside and tried to swing the hundred pound carseat back and forth. In the meantime, a friend that I used to teach with walked up with her little girl, and I started talking with her. I heard Carson stand off the side say "This is the worse day of my life!" He was so upset that we couldn't stay for his storytime. My friend offered to take him in with her little girl so I could try to get Ella to sleep. Finally, after rocking for about ten minutes Ella fell asleep. We went back in and was able to enjoy Carson's storytime. And for our lunch date with G.G. that was to follow... THAT WAS A COMPLETELY different story!

I don't know if I will attempt this again! Two is definitely harder than one... Kelli told me so!!!! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birth control! Ha ha! You were certainly brave to try it! :)

Anonymous said...

HOW fun! I know 2 must be so different than 1! Ella is just too cute in her little outfit! I'll see you next week sometime!

Kelly said...

I know exactly what you mean. I don't know how people have more than 2. We have to play man-to-man at my house.

Kelly said...

ps- Who is rodrigo???

The Browns said...

yeah, two kids is wild and crazy. it isn't as wild and crazy as growing up as the oldest of SIX!!!

how does kelli get to give advice abot having 2? she only has 1.5 kids!

The Browns said...

hey, you know you can hit the little trashcan after rodrigo's comment and delete it if you want. unless you know rodrigo and understand his comment?? :)

Heather said...

I HAVE NO IDEA WHO RODRIGO WAS!!!!!! Thank you so much Jaime for helping me out. You don't know how long Liz and I tried to get that comment off! I am so blind and dumb I guess.

And, about Kelli... She told me that I was crazy just to even attempt to take both of them out!