
Family Time at Walterboro's Waterfall!
Aunt Donna visits on Saturday!
Carson tries to get an up-close look at the USS Yorktown!
Carson and Seth at MUSC
Ella has already gotten the "I'm INNOCENT!" look under control!
Carson and Ella had a BLAST at Bobbie's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We braved it...AND SURVIVED!!!! We had been planning our first road trip to Bobbie's house for several weeks, but NOT WITHOUT HESITATION! It has been quite awhile since we have traveled with a little one. It took a half of a day to pack everything for Ella and another half of a day to narrow down what I packed! Packing for Carson seemed like a breeze! We headed out on Friday afternoon about 3:00. By the time we made it 10 minutes down the road Ella was ready to eat and Carson had to go to the bathroom!!!!! We must have made three stops before getting out of MOORE!!!! Once we finally made it to 26, things seem to calm down. Traffic was TERRIBLE, but we had two quiet children. We convinced Car to take a nap to make time pass by more quickly. Once we passed Columbia, chaos set in... Ella was NOT a happy baby. She screamed, screamed, screamed! We pulled over at a rest area, so I could walk her and so Car could use the potty once again. While standing outside walking her around, there was a line of convicts walking in their jumpsuits to the restroom!!!! Scary moment for a paranoid MOMMY! Carson and Brian were still in the restroom the men were about to enter and there I stood with a small baby by myself outside! Anyway, things turned out just fine. We loaded back in the car and attempted to continue our drive. Things were fine for about 10 minutes! Then the screaming began again! Carson began getting very aggravated at Ella. I was getting frustrated with Carson. Brian was getting angry with me. So, we decided to pull over again- this time at a tiny gas station beside a Lion's Den (adult store!). I got Ella out of her seat again, fed her, and put her back into her seat. We were off again, and this time without any more stops! We finally made it to Bobbie's house! I told Brian very quickly that our next trip to Hilton Head in a few weeks may just be in our dreams!!!!! When we got to Bobbie's, we changed clothes and went out to eat at an Irish restaurant to celebrate our birthdays. Bobbie's birthday is one day after mine. We went back to her house and had a very LOUD evening with Ian and Carson running all over the house!
On Saturday, we traveled to Charleston to MUSC to visit Carson's friend Seth who had recently had heart surgery. We had a nice visit with him. It was a great life lesson for Carson. We tried to spend the day in Charleston with Carson since we haven't had a lot of time with just him lately. The weather was too hot, and our child was too cranky!!!!! We headed back to Bobbie's house and had pizza in the air conditioned house!
It was time for us to leave on Sunday. Carson was so sad. We hadn't even made it out of Bobbie's neighborhood when he said, "Mommy I miss Bobbie!" He is too cute!
I am glad to report that our ride home was TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ella and Carson slept just about the entire journey!
Maybe a trip to Hilton Head IS in our future...




3 comments:
Oh how I dread our rides to the beach this summer with our little ones! Sounds like your experience was WAY too much fun! ;-) I'm glad they slept on the way home for you!! We're thinking about leaving at like 4am so that everyone (including me!) can sleep on the way!
I LOVE all the pictures. My favorite is the one of Ella and Carson laughing!! Precious! I am glad to see that Ella got to wear one of the shirts her Aunt Lizzie bought her too! I missed y'all this weekend!! :)
I can hear and picture that scene in my head. I would have paid money to witness it...
kelli
Post a Comment