Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hilton Head 2008



Aunt Lizzie is attempting to get Roo to walk in the ocean.Carson loved the ocean from the very beginning!

Carson attempted to take a few pictures of Trisha and me.


Ella was NOT happy with the ocean!


A Mommy's love!!!


Ella thought it would help to close her eyes so she wouldn't see the ocean in front of her!

Carson is always looking out for his sister!

We couldn't keep Carson out of the pool in his new swimming vest.


This is a horse shoe crab shell Trisha and I saw as we walked on the beach one day! Right before our walk we think we saw one of these in the ocean! Yes, Trisha takes off running and leaves me behind knowing that I cannot run! :)

Carson and Ella are making their way to the elevator, so they can go swimming!

These are honestly the first smiles Ella has ever given in a pool!! I am so glad we could capture them with photos to prove to Grammy and Aunt Lizzie she actually enjoyed the pool!






Of course we had to have a photo shoot with Aunt Lizzie. I love these pictures! Carson is definitely TIRED of photo shoots, and he lets you know it very quickly!


My favorite! :)

Kisses for Mommy's Little Girl

Trisha and I had a photo shoot on the way to eat one night!






Carson and Ella enjoy fun on a baseball field with Grammy and Aunt Lizzie.

Ella will be our next little baseball player!


Ella already has the LOOK!


My favorite photo yet!!!! Ella loves Grammy!

Last Thursday Carson, Ella, Trisha, and I loaded up and headed to Hilton Head to join Grammy and Aunt Lizzie who had been there all week. We sure missed Daddy, but he had to work! This year was a lot different! Ella actually enjoyed the beach much more and by the end of our stay was enjoying the swimming pool! Last year we made it on the beach for about five minutes with her and there was NO hope at all of getting her in a swimming pool. I ended up spending our vacation in the condo the entire time. I enjoyed the change this year brought. Carson LOVED the ocean and swimming in the pool!! He is getting braver in water, so hopefully we will be able to persuade him to take swimming lessons soon. We had a WONDERFUL time even though we only had a few days at the beach! It was a MUCH needed vacation!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you got to have a vacation before school starts...miss ya girl, last year we hung out everyday..craziness, love ya!

The Pettigrew's said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I love the pictures of Ella and Carson. They both have shot up over the last year. Hope you are ready for schools to start back!

Anonymous said...

Love Ella's bathing suit! Too cute! Wonder if she can play t-ball with her paci attached?
I'm glad you had a vacation this summer. I know a taste of the "real world" was nice!!
Sabrina

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Those are the cutest pics!!! It looks like you all had a great time!! We are hoping to hit the beach around Avery's 2nd b-day in Sept.
I love the bathing suit Ella has on - the black trimmed in green - is that from Baby Gap??? I wanted that one for Lauren, but couldn't find it.
Carson sure does love baseball - he is darling!!!
Rest up now - school is going to be starting around the corner - I was just thinking that myself as I drove thru the oh so empty school zone on my way to work this morning!!!!
Hope you are having a great day!!!

Kristy said...

We never did get to have our beach trip did we? We will have to try to do that. Tell Trish I'm very jealous:)he,he!

You needed a vacation, glad you had a good time.

Lydia said...

I'm glad they enjoyed the beach. I love the picture of her on the baseball field with her paci. Too sweet.