Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day Four of My New Adventure...On a Saturday!


A Teacher Can Never Have Too Many Expo Markers!! I have many white boards throughout my new room! I am so excited!!My files finally found their home in the top drawer of my filing cabinet.

This is the beginning of what will be my cozy reading center! The black shelf is my Book and a Buddy Center! I plan to use the small wooden shelves for social studies and science books devoted to the units we are studying throughout the year! I love the window in the reading center!

Can you tell which one of us actually didn't do any work today, and just showed up to get the van for a jewelry party?!?


The cursive alphabet chart is the first thing I have hanging on the wall!

These are some multiple copy books I have for reading.

Each drawer is organized according to subject. My first drawer is the home of all of my construction paper, the second drawer has miscellaneous hanging materials in there and sentence strips, the third drawer is dedicated to all of my reading materials I would hang, the fourth drawer is the home of my writing posters, and the fifth drawer will house all of my social studies poster sets.

No comment is needed here!!!!!!!!

This is the top drawer of my desk.

Today my wonderful mom agreed to come help me in my classroom! I couldn't wait for her to be able to see the beautiful school I would be teaching in and where Carson would be going to school. Also, my mom is one of the best helpers I know. She is very organized, quick, and doesn't have any problems getting distracted like I do. She loaded her Blazer yet again today full of more of my "stuff"! Today's main focus for me was on labeling all of the new books that I have been buying throughout the summer! We also organized more of my teaching materials, supplies, my Book and a Buddy center, and moved some furniture. We stayed a little longer than originally plan and even had a special visitor stop by, but not to do any work today!!!!!!! Thanks Mom for all of your help!!!!!!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It looks really good!! Mom is MUCH better at organizing than I am, so its good that I had the day off! :)

Kelly said...

Your room is looking fantastic! You have to be one of the most organized teachers I have ever met! Remember me when you need a sub!!!
And thanks for letting Aunt Liz and Ella come and play at omy jewelry party! :-)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, look at all you have done, I am so proud of you. Keep up the hard work, and I think I will try to do day by day pictures like you have done, great idea, love ya!

trish said...

slowly but surely you are making progress!!! :) - i know you are super excited to continue making your room all organize and CUTE!! :)

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I just want you to know that I emjoyed every minute of helping you yesterday with your classroom. To get to spend some time with just you meant alot to me even if I had to work to do it.
Your classroom is coming along beautiful.....I am so proud of you and your students are going to be so greatful to have such a wonderful and great teacher this year.
What a new and great adventure this is going to be for you and Carson. I can't believe that he is going to be in big school and most important with his mommy. That is something both you and he will always remember.
The school is great, thank you so much for taking me on a tour of it....To see your new classroom and to be able to see where Carson will be means alot.
This is a new adventure in your life,enjoy it and treasure it.....
To see that spark come back in your attitude about going back to work was so wonderful...... Just remember be the greatest you can be because you are a great and wonderful teacher and mother.......
Thank you so very much for letting me be a part of this new part in your life............
I love you..............Mom

Anonymous said...

When I read that your mom is great at organizing and a fast worker, I had flashbacks to the Video Library! :) At least our pay is a little better at this job! $4.25wouldn't buy a gallon of gas to get us to work now!!!!! ha ha ha
Your room looks fabulous!!! When you get done, you can come help me!
Sabrina

Kristy said...

Your room is coming along great. I wish our teachers had our rooms this nice when we were at school. Your kids are very lucky.
I guess the OCD is really helpful on projects like this:)