Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Junie B. Jones and Sick Ollie...Cont.

Carson and I worked really hard yesterday on another chapter for his "chapter book". This writing session was a little more stressful than the last. My true-hard-to-focus five-year-old-sweet-precious-boy had any extremely hard time staying on task! He would say a sentence or part of a sentence, then begin playing, then change what he wanted to say, then forget what he wanted to say,... Finally, after what seemed like hours, he completed Chapter Three. We had to buy paper at Target to print the first three chapters, so Miss Alaina would have her copy on Tuesday when he went back to school. Carson helped me print the manuscript and design a cover for the book. Then I decided as his mommy to add a special letter to Miss Alaina to let her know how much we appreciate the influence she has had on him both as a reader and now a writer! Carson placed the "book" in a special place where it waited patiently all night ready to jump in the hands of its new owner!

When I picked Carson up today I found him sitting in Miss Alaina's lap. I think the book made her day! She said she even almost cried. She said that she couldn't wait to take it home and show her mom (who is also a teacher) and then take it to school tomorrow to show one of her professors.

So for all of Carson's fans, here is Chapter Three!!!!!

Chapter 3
That Big Fat Jim

Early the next morning I was getting dressed and I heard that stupid, smelly bus coming. That Jim that I hate got on and did a cuckoo sign at me. When we got to kindergarten we went out to recess, and we played. Then we went to do some work when we got back in from recess. Then we had pads of paper out. We had to color a picture of our family. I decided to draw a picture of my family, and Ollie was better. Then that stupid, smelly bus came after we did work. I got on it and Jim didn’t do any cuckoo signs at me. Then I got off and said, “Mother, Jim did a cuckoo sign at me this morning, but didn’t do one this afternoon!”


Dad came home, and Ollie crawled to him. Dad picked him up and hugged him.

Then it was nighttime, and I had to go to bed. Ollie fighted to get into his crib. He screamed. Then he pushed away and went to his dad. He went to his swing and didn’t cry.

The next morning that stupid, smelly bus came again. I got on it and Jim didn’t do any cuckoo signs at me.

When I got to school, that Jim did a BIG cuckoo sign at me. We went to play. Then we came in and did some work. We had pads of paper, and they had dotted circles in them. We had to write our name. I writed my Junie too big, and I didn’t have room to make a B. I speedy quick ran to Mrs. I said, “I writed my Junie too big and I didn’t have room to make my B, so I had to write a tiny B squished in. And then I couldn’t see my B.”

My friend Lucille did her name perfectly, and she showed it to me when I got back to my seat. And then the bell rang. And Mrs. said, “It’s recess!” I ran speedy quick to the front of the line. Then we went outside, and I got on the swings.

Then the bus came. And then I got on it and chocolate milk got poured on
my head AGAIN! I wonder who could have been the one who poured that chocolate milk…



I am not sure when our little author will produce Chapter 4. He asked to take a break tonight!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love it!! Great job Carson! :) Tell mommy to be patient with you when you're telling your story!

Kristy said...

Tell Carson I'm making a CUCKOO sign at him:)