Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Guess What Mommy? I'm Toothless!!"


When things seemed gloomy during our stay in the hospital, I received the sweetest phone call from Carson. The first thing he said was, "Guess what Mommy?" and without pausing for me to even take a guess he said, "I'm toothless!" He proceeded to tell me that he pulled his own front tooth out on the way home from school. He was so excited, but I was a little sad. I was sad that I missed out on the BIG EVENT of course, but also that he is growing up much too quickly! He is only five, and that makes the third tooth he has lost. He had to get Grammy to take him home to get Captain Tooth! The tooth fairy was very generous to Car. He received three dollars because it was a special tooth and because he was at Grammy and Papa's house!! :) He couldn't wait to spend his three dollars. He tried to convince Grammy to take him to Walmart before school the next day, but had to settle for a promised trip as soon as he got out of school.

On Saturday I was greeted in bed by a precious little boy who smiled a grin that held one less tooth than Friday night's grin. Yes, Carson lost another tooth just four days after the BIG one on Tuesday! This was one of his bottom teeth. His Grammy told him that it wouldn't be long until he had to begin eating Jello! He didn't quite understand that! :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love this picture! He looks so cute with his teeth missing!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! He looks so grown up...he is really becoming a little man!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Carson can't be old enough to be losing teeth! Tell the Tooth Fairy not to take any more teeth from him!
Sabrina