Wednesday, January 16, 2008
The Bug with Many Lives!!!!!!
I was finally beginning to feel like a normal human being and mother again. I was in my classroom just beginning a read aloud with my students when I looked up and saw a dear friend of mine standing in my classroom doorway. She motioned for me to come to the door, and I heard words that were painful for my ears. Carson's school had called to say that he was at school throwing up! YES, we just haven't had enough of that!!!!!!!!!! I went in panic mode. After making several phone calls, it was decided that Ella would go to Grammy and Papa's house, Brian would pick up Carson and call his boss to let him know that he wouldn't be into work once again, and I would complete my day at work and prepare to be out tomorrow!!!! Carson was a sick little boy. Each time I would call and check on him, Brian would tell me that he had gotten sick one more time. I think he got sick a total of seven times! I called the pediatrician just to check in because I did NOT want to end up in the hospital again, and we sure did not want an emergency room visit to be in our future. When the nurse finally called me back around 4:45, she said that he did need to be seen by a doctor. Super Dad made sure Carson made it to the doctor by six o'clock while I took care of Ella. Carson was fortunate enough to be able to see one of the doctors who took care of Roo in the hospital, so she was well aware of our recent history. She wanted to test him for several things including strep throat. All tests came back negative, so I guess a stomach virus it was!!!! The doctor did say that he had mild dehydration, but nothing to warrant a trip to the hospital. You can easily convince a five year old to drink sips of water and definitely to have a popsicle! Carson had a good night. He slept through the night with no more episodes. He appears to be feeling better today as he is playing and eating just a little. Ella and I continue to keep ourselves barricaded in my bedroom and I continue to sanitize, sanitize, sanitize!!!!!!!!! We have definitely had enough of the wrath of the stomach bug!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That virus is TERRIBLE!! I know your pain!!
Post a Comment