Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ella's 11th Month Birthday...Winter Style




Ella's 11 month birthday surprise was the gift of SNOW! Ella's reaction to snow is a equalivent to how I feel about how quickly her first year of life has passed! Unfortunately Ella's past month has not been as pleasant as previous months! This month brought SICKNESS, three pediatrician visits, one Urgent Care visit, one lab visit at the hospital, one Emergency Room visit, and one three-day stay in the hospital! Each of these visits added to Ella's anxiety level. Our once easy-going, not afraid of too many people baby girl, has now developed into a clingy baby who is terrified of ANY STRANGER (esp. men) and ANY NEW CHANGE that occurs outside of her home. Ella continues to crawl everywhere. Her speed has really increased this month. She can now climb up a step at Grammy and Papa's house, which is a pretty big milestone. I remember when Carson accomplished that task. Ella had been only able to pull up on her knees, but today she had a surprise for me! She pulled all the way up into a standing position as she tried to escape from her crib. She can stand by herself holding on to something for a few minutes. I am not so sure that she will be walking by her first birthday like Carson though, but that is okay with me! I want to hold on to our baby as long as we can. Ella has continued developing as a little talker. She can now say bye-bye, bro, something that resembles thank-you, mamamamama (what she says when she's hungry), and dada.

As we move into our last official month of babyhood, I pray that Ella remains healthy and strong. I also pray that we, as parents, will find time to stop and enjoy the remaining month of babyhood!!!

Let the birthday planning begin...

3 comments:

Kristy said...

You've been quite a busy blogger lately! Glad to see that at least Carson enjoyed his day in the snow.

The Pettigrew's said...

OH I hate that Ella didn't like the snow but she sure is cute in her winter wear. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the party theme you choose for Ella's first birthday!!
Have a great weekend!
Teresa