Thursday, January 17, 2008

Frosty Fun!








I am proud to announce that I believe I completed my very first "snowboy" and "snowgirl" without another adult's help! Until now, I haven't been one to really get into the art of building snowmen. I would get excited about the idea, but would lose interest rather quickly once my hands got cold. This afternoon while Ella was napping, Carson and I decided we would create a snowman together. I was impressed with his ability to stay focused and continue helping throughout the process. He generally has my same tendencies to become excited with an "idea", but is quick to give-up once beginning the process. I have to admit that the actual construction of a snowman is rather difficult once you get the snow rolled into a large ball. I had a very difficult time picking up the balls of snow! I am so glad Carson was my only witness! We had to be extremely creative with our accessories. We used Nilla Wafers colored with black permanent marker for the eyes and mouth, the carrot was constructed from a pencil and a piece of construction paper, and of course we used Carson's baseball accessories for the final touches. We were so proud of our baseball snowman that we decided to try to create an Ella snowbaby. We dried our gloves in the dryer while we once again colored Nilla Wafers and created a carrot from construction paper. We decided to use a pink hat and scarf for Ella's accessories. Carson enjoyed playing around with the snow creations once we were all done! It was a little sad at the end when he began thinking about the realization that our creations would soon melt away. He began hugging his snowman. As we walked away, he turned back and said, "Mommy, they will be playing tonight!" Oh, the magic of books...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and Carson, ya'll did a terrific job with the snowman and snowgirl... I am so sorry that I missed the activities but I am sure that Carson enjoyed the day that he spent with his mother,A boy and his mom what a great time he had...........Love you both, I mean all three of you...Love, Mom

The Pettigrew's said...

You and Carson did wonderful! I am proud of how creative you were. They look great!

Kristy said...

You can definately tell you are a teacher. I would never think in a million years to color nilla wafers.(I would have just used Oreos. Ya'll did a really great job.