













There should be a law that school should be canceled on Halloween and the day after. After teaching or trying to teach 40 hyper children all day, I was exhausted when it came time to celebrate with my own two children!
Our Halloween started with Carson dressing up as a soldier for his school Halloween festivities. When I picked him up from school, he was already planning what he was going to dress up as for trick-or-treating. It went from being a Power Ranger to a race car driver. When we got home, he suited up in his Jeff Gordon race suit, his black racing gloves, and his Spiderman sunglasses. His daddy helped him get ready while I attempted to get Ella dressed up as a cute caterpillar! That's a whole other story. The costume that I waited until the VERY LAST moment to try on her DIDN'T fit! She couldn't move in it, and the head portion fell right over her eyes. The costume didn't even last long enough for me to get a picture. Needless to say I was heartbroken. This was Roo's first Halloween, and I didn't have her a costume. I called Aunt Lizzie in a panic and asked her to please stop by Halloween Express to see what they had left. Being the WONDERFUL aunt that she is, she did and called me to say that the costumes were still 27.00. Yikes! As much as I wanted Ella to be dressed up, I just couldn't justify spending 27.00 on something she would wear one time. Ella ended up wearing a cute pumpkin outfit that Aunt Lizzie bought her awhile back.
As soon as we finally all got ready, we ventured to Grammy and Papa's house for our weekly spaghetti dinner. Carson and Ella trick-or-treated at Grammy's and received some pretty nice treats. Ella received her very first Barbie doll, a Halloween Barbie at that. Savannah came by to trick-or-treat, and Carson enjoyed giving her her treats! During dinner Sarita came over and brought a delicious cake from my favorite bakery. I have been dieting, but I did have a little slither. Carson and his daddy enjoyed a HUGE piece!
After leaving Grammy and Papa's house, we drove to Rose Marie's house. She had Ella and Carson some great treats! The saddest thing about the visit was when I was taking Ella out of Rose Marie's arms, she begin crying!!! She wanted Rose Marie and NOT her mommy. As soon as Rose Marie took her back, the crying stopped. Roo is definitely spoiled rotten! We have the BEST sitter in the world.
Our big event of the evening was trick-or-treating in Vance's neighborhood. The boys all loaded up in the back of Chad's truck and were gone. They spent about one hour trick-or-treating in the neighborhood while Ella rocked with Annie on the neighbor's porch. Carson and Vance came back with tears rolling down their cheeks. Some really scary guys chased them. Because of the scare, Carson made the decision that he would not go trick-or-treating in Vance's neighborhood next year. Maybe Vance will have to come to ours.
At about 9:30 we ventured out to G.G.'s house. She had great treats for both Car and Ella. Ella was sound asleep during this visit and it was way past Car's bedtime, so we didn't stay too long.
We FINALLY made it back home from our venture all around the town at about 10:00! Five o'clock came WAY too early the next day!
Our Halloween started with Carson dressing up as a soldier for his school Halloween festivities. When I picked him up from school, he was already planning what he was going to dress up as for trick-or-treating. It went from being a Power Ranger to a race car driver. When we got home, he suited up in his Jeff Gordon race suit, his black racing gloves, and his Spiderman sunglasses. His daddy helped him get ready while I attempted to get Ella dressed up as a cute caterpillar! That's a whole other story. The costume that I waited until the VERY LAST moment to try on her DIDN'T fit! She couldn't move in it, and the head portion fell right over her eyes. The costume didn't even last long enough for me to get a picture. Needless to say I was heartbroken. This was Roo's first Halloween, and I didn't have her a costume. I called Aunt Lizzie in a panic and asked her to please stop by Halloween Express to see what they had left. Being the WONDERFUL aunt that she is, she did and called me to say that the costumes were still 27.00. Yikes! As much as I wanted Ella to be dressed up, I just couldn't justify spending 27.00 on something she would wear one time. Ella ended up wearing a cute pumpkin outfit that Aunt Lizzie bought her awhile back.
As soon as we finally all got ready, we ventured to Grammy and Papa's house for our weekly spaghetti dinner. Carson and Ella trick-or-treated at Grammy's and received some pretty nice treats. Ella received her very first Barbie doll, a Halloween Barbie at that. Savannah came by to trick-or-treat, and Carson enjoyed giving her her treats! During dinner Sarita came over and brought a delicious cake from my favorite bakery. I have been dieting, but I did have a little slither. Carson and his daddy enjoyed a HUGE piece!
After leaving Grammy and Papa's house, we drove to Rose Marie's house. She had Ella and Carson some great treats! The saddest thing about the visit was when I was taking Ella out of Rose Marie's arms, she begin crying!!! She wanted Rose Marie and NOT her mommy. As soon as Rose Marie took her back, the crying stopped. Roo is definitely spoiled rotten! We have the BEST sitter in the world.
Our big event of the evening was trick-or-treating in Vance's neighborhood. The boys all loaded up in the back of Chad's truck and were gone. They spent about one hour trick-or-treating in the neighborhood while Ella rocked with Annie on the neighbor's porch. Carson and Vance came back with tears rolling down their cheeks. Some really scary guys chased them. Because of the scare, Carson made the decision that he would not go trick-or-treating in Vance's neighborhood next year. Maybe Vance will have to come to ours.
At about 9:30 we ventured out to G.G.'s house. She had great treats for both Car and Ella. Ella was sound asleep during this visit and it was way past Car's bedtime, so we didn't stay too long.
We FINALLY made it back home from our venture all around the town at about 10:00! Five o'clock came WAY too early the next day!



4 comments:
Yeah, I would definately say that you had a heck of a Halloween. Looks like you all had a great time though. Some moments are worth the aggrevation:)
I would just quit teaching and take pics if I were you. I would try and help support you.
kjb
I don't think taking pics would pay the bills. Could I come live in your nice new home? The bonus room would be GREAT! :) Hey, I could even open up a HOME DAYCARE there! :) Hmm...Sounds like a plan...
I love the pictures! Carson and Ella had a great Halloween. Next year, she'll have a costume!
Post a Comment