Thursday, November 1, 2007

Too Funny!

I try to ask Carson each day after I pick him up about what he has learned at school that day. Today was so exception, but the response I received made me say WOW! He told me that they had been learning about Native Americans. So of course, being the teacher that I am required him to expand on that... I asked him what he had been learning about Native Americans. He said that instead of being "number tables", they are now tribes. He explained that he is part of the Apache. I asked him what he knew about the Apache. He explained that they lived on the Plains, they lived in tepees, they ate the meat of animals, and so on. He even went on to say that Will Eli's Native American name is Running Bull. I am AMAZED that he is learning exactly what I have just finished covering in my fourth grade social studies class. (It's part of our SC standards) Mrs. Turner has been an AMAZING teacher thus far. It blows me away how much he has already learned in 4K.

When we got home, he began telling Rose Marie about the Native Americans upon my request. He would just tell her one fact at a time, and I would have to ask him another question to get him to tell her more. Well...after I asked him to tell Rose Marie where the Apache lived he said with great confidence in his voice, "They're the ones who lived on the airplanes!"

Maybe he doesn't understand as much as I thought he did... THIS AGE IS TOO CUTE! :)

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm glad Carson is learning alot in Mrs. Turners class. Maybe him and Brianna will both get full scholarships one day:)

Kelly said...

I love it! I hope I can get Caroline and Eli in that school soon!!

Lydia said...

Did you survive this week? I was glad I wasn't working this week. My school had to stay until 6:30 on Monday and Tuesday. Does your son go to school where you teach? I love preschool. They can learn and do so much more than we give them credit for. He seems to have a great teacher. That's impressive for a four year old!
The outfit Emma Kate has on in that picture is from Hannah Anderson. I order from there online. I love that store. They have cute outfits to match siblings too. We always torture the cousins to match each year for either Easter or Christmas pictures.

Heather said...

Lydia- I did survive this week. Last week and this week have been HORRIBLE! Carson goes to private preschool. I chose not to send him to 4K at my school. I am so glad because he can still learn about Jesus at school too!

Kelly- I LOVE his school! Ella will be starting before we know it. :( That makes me sad...I want her to remain the spoiled rotten little girl she is. We have the BEST sitter in the WORLD!

Anonymous said...

HOW CUTE!! I love it...we have to go to Miracle Hill again real soon!! Love ya!