
My mother's instinct came in handy this morning with Carson. He has had this really nasty cough for several days now which is really nothing unusual for Carson when he has a little cold or allergy. He hasn't complained of feeling bad and has acted completely like himself. Well, this morning his cough sounded DEEP, very DEEP! I decided to call the doctor and hoped they would be open. They were thankfully, and we were seen right away. The doctor checked Car's ears, throat, nose, etc. and didn't really "see" anything abnormal. Listening to his chest was a completely different story. I could tell by the look on the doctor's face that it wasn't too good. He said we needed to do a breathing treatment right away, so he left and immediately the nurse came in with the lovely green dragon machine as I called it. Carson did much better with the treatment than I expected, and a million memories flooded my head of the days when we were doing breathing treatments every four hours. The doctor came back in and listen to his chest again. He really didn't say much to begin with except that he was going to give Car about 5,000 medicines to take. He also proceeded to tell me that he just put his best friend's child in the hospital for the same thing. He described his "sickness" as walking pneumonia. He explained to Carson how important it was going to be to take all of his medication so he doesn't end up in the hospital. Today, I am truly thankful for my mother's intuition and for our pediatrician.



3 comments:
I am so proud of our little soldier for being a big boy and taking his medicines. He'll be feeling back to normal in no time!!
Have fun getting Carson to take those breathing treatments:)
Good job Mom!! I hope Carson feels better SOON!
Post a Comment