Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #6


With the first week of school behind me, I could find nothing more fitting than this post!
Thirteen Stresses Mommy Has Had This Week
1. Trying to plan day-by-day for the first week of school (For those of you who know me, I have to have a very DETAILED plan of what I am teaching on the Wednesday before the new week begins)
2. Getting up at 5:00 each morning to guarantee that I could get out of the door by 6:40
3. Flying out of the house at 6:40 to drive for at least 50 minutes before arriving to school
4. Trying to read as much as I can about Writers' Notebooks and plan for my students' notebooks
5. Having to wait until 3:00 everyday to do my "mommy" duty and knowing that Ella may soon have to go to formula exclusively :( (I have reached and exceeded my goal though! This is just another OBSESSION of mine!!!!)
6. Meeting, Meeting, and Meeting about when to meet again
7. Flying out of school everyday in tears because my "work" is not exactly like I have wanted, but with TWO children now I have DOUBLE obligations at home
8. Arriving to Car's school each day to find him playing outside in the 100 degree weather
9. Arriving to Car's school to find him sitting out and to hear his teacher tell me he has had a BAD day
10. Bringing tons of work home each night
11. Having Ella go to bed each night around 7:00 - - - allowing no time for us to spend together
12. Trying to find something that looks decent to wear each day
13. Knowing that my new Weight Watchers kit has arrived and the DIET must begin
On a side note, I do have an AMAZING class this year! My children couldn't be more perfect!!!!!!! :) I can't wait to share in their many successes! I just have to be able to balance my two "jobs" in life!!! :)

4 comments:

The Browns said...

OH, Heather! I am sorry you've had such a stressful week! I hope and pray that things get easier for you.

Kristy said...

You forgot:
1. having to load up my child into your backseat:-)
2. listening to Carson & Brianna argue while trying to listen to Ella's sitter.
*I am forever grateful for you.*

Kelly said...

I am with you all the way! It is so tough juggling work and kids. I have crashed in the bed by 9:30 every night this week and haven't had a minute to myself because I want to spend every second with the kids when I get home. Hopefully things will get better for both of us soon!
I'm glad you have great kids though! I do too!! It's amazing how different these kids are from D5 kids!

Anonymous said...

I still don't know how you do it...girl you have done a fabulous job...keep it up, enjoy it gil, the year will be over before you know it and your babies will be almost 6 and one...man, does tie fly when you are working 12 hours every day..love ya girl