Friday, July 6, 2007

Mommy Time!


Carson, Ella, and Mommy all NEEDED Mommy to have some "MOMMY TIME" today! We have spent A LOT of quality time together in the house this week. Daddy was off today, so after having lunch with G.G. I escaped for a little while. I ventured out to Dillards because they were having a BIG sale. I was so excited and proud of all of the GREAT bargains I found. (Sara, you would be so proud!) After leaving the mall, I decided to go hang out at Barnes and Noble for awhile. I have this new obsession (well maybe not so new) with photography. I LOVE taking pictures of my two darlings. If you asked my daddy he would say that I take pictures of my children everyday, but that is NOT true - - - maybe just every other day! :) I have Adobe Photoshop on my computer, but I do not know how to fully use it to its potential. AND, Sabrina and I had a whole graduate level course on it at Converse, but that is a whole different story! :) I wanted to find a Photoshop Book for Dummies! I found one, but decided since I had already spent enough money at the mall I would just "take notes". I spent a couple of hours in Barnes and Noble reading photography books and taking notes! I was getting so excited while reading the books. I couldn't wait to get home and try the new techniques out! Of course, I couldn't resist making my way to the children's section once I finished with Photography for Dummies 101! I found lots of great books for my classroom, so telling myself that I would get reimbursed for the expenses, I decided to buy a few! After leaving Barnes and Noble I decided to stop at Target for a loaf of bread that my husband asked me to pick up for him. Yes, I stopped at Target to get a loaf of bread when several grocery stores were on my way home!! I just couldn't get enough shopping! When I got home I played around with some "older" pictures of Car and Ella. Hope you enjoy! I am still learning! :) FUN TIMES!

4 comments:

The Browns said...

Oh, send me your notes!! I installed Photoshop on my laptop while I was in SC (my mom has it) and I don't know what the heck to do with it!!!!!!

Charlene said...

Awesome photos! You are really doing some great photography without reading Photoshop for Dummies!

Kelly said...

You are a great photographer! I hope the offer still stands for you to take some pics of my kids sometime before the summer is over!

Kelly said...

BTW, I envy your Mommy Time!!