Mariel, Sara, and Kristy enjoy the "shade" before there was NONE!
Yes, I did have all of Carson's clothes organized in tubs by size! And, when it was all over I made new signs for the tubs because the old ones were "too messy looking". I am so OCD!
This was Sara and Mariel's section.
This was a little bit of everyone's "stuff".Our yard sale was a HUGE success yesterday! I have to admit it was actually kind of fun spending the entire day (well, actually from 6:00am til 2:30pm - - - AND TRUST ME THAT SEEMED LIKE ALL DAY) out in the 100 degree weather with friends! We got up around five o'clock to begin moving all of the "merchandise" from my kitchen to the outdoors! Believe it or not, we had our first customer at 6:15! The yard sale wasn't supposed to begin until 8:00! I was so excited because she was buying MY stuff!!!!!! I made a few dollars before the "sale" began! While the lady was doing her "early bird" shopping, Carolyn called me laughing so hard I couldn't understand a word she was saying. She was hysterical about the "JUNK" she was bringing to my house. It was hilarious to see her pull up in a truck full of "JUNK". Her husband tried to convince her to use the "JUNK" for firewood and to take the rest to the dump. WELL - - - her JUNK ended up making her about $70.00!!!!!!!!!!! She had some great clothes and other stuff to sale. What her husband wanted to use as firewood ended up being sold for $25.00!!!!!! I am so proud of Carolyn for NOT taking the truckload to the dump! Kristy, Sara, and Mariel also brought their goodies over to sale. It was MASSIVE!!!! Brian was a terrific husband during the day! He ran the "YARD SALE DAYCARE"! He took care of Ella, Carson, Brianna, and Eli(just for a short time while his mommy shopped)! I think he actually kind of enjoyed staying in the air-conditioned house! At the end of the sale, he loaded up many of the "unsold" goods and carried them to the Goodwill while the girls added up their profits in the air-conditioned house!
OUR COMBINED GRAND TOTAL WAS...$450.69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On a side note, in order to convince Carson to let us sell MANY of his toys that were taking over our house, we promised him a new "outside toy" that would be purchased with the money we made from the sale. Please check back soon to see the outcome... (He was a VERY HAPPY little boy!)




2 comments:
Holy cow! Yall made a killin'! I guess your OCD really helped the sales. I tell ya, it was the most organized yard sale I've ever been to! :-)
Hey girl...I AM SOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! Hated that I had to leave early tha day...Thanks for selling my junk...again I am amazed at all you did! Hope you don't hate me! (for long that is)
Post a Comment