


Wow! I can't believe our little Ella Roo is already five months old today. Time is truly flying by with her. It seems just like yesterday when she was born. The around-the-clock nursing sessions, the dirty diaper changes after each feeding, the waking up every few hours, the wobbly head, etc. all seem to have vanished much too quickly. Our little baby girl has changed so much! She is now rolling over from her belly to her back and from her back to her belly. She is tolerating oatmeal much better than rice cereal. She is grasping her toys so well. She even has a pretty tight grip on Mommy's hair! Ella loves to stand on her two very strong legs. She will balance herself pretty well with someone holding on to her little hands. It won't be too much longer before she is sitting on her own. She tries to lift her head during diaper changes. Fingers and toes continue to be her favorite "toy". She is still a "tiny" baby as I hear at least once a day. At our last doctor visit she only weighed 12 pounds 10 ounces. Hopefully by now she has topped out over 13 pounds! We thank God each day for our PERFECT baby!
On a side note, this month has been a little difficult for Mommy and Daddy (especially MOMMY!). We have had to make several "dreaded" decisions about childcare since the summer is coming to a close. We have planned for Ella to go to the same school as Carson. I am okay with that decision. I have heard nothing but great things about the "class" she will be in. The only problem with sending her to Car's school is they will not take her until October when she is eight months old. Well seeing that I have to return to my "teacher" duties in August, we didn't know what we would do about child care until then. We "interviewed" one lady, but I just didn't have a good feeling about her. She was probably a terrific person, but I just couldn't feel peace about the whole situation. After much prayer, another door opened for us. Aunt Karen called one day and offered to keep Ella in our home on the days that she was off. We are so thankful for all that she did for Ella when I first went back to work and NEVER in a million years would have asked her to do it AGAIN! I told her I would have to think about it because I didn't know how we would work out care for the days she couldn't come. Well after MUCH more prayer, another door opened! I was given a lady's name from a friend of ours. The sitter kept my friend's children in their home for several years. Rose Marie came to our home, and almost instantly I knew she was the ONE. Rose Marie will come to our home and take care of Ella when Aunt Karen can't. I am so thankful for the few more weeks that Ella Roo will be spoiled ROTTEN!



4 comments:
Wow, it's hard to believe that Ella is 5 months already! It's so neat that she's doing so many things! I'm glad you got her daycare arrangements worked out. That is such a load off for you and Brian!
We should get our kids together to play sometime before our times as stay at home moms has to end.
yes, we do need to get together. i can't believe school will start soooooo soon. i have been working a little at night, so i don't take any time away from car and ella.
Love the pictures of the little princess! I'm glad to see she can wear her little dress! She is tooooo cute! :)
Ella is getting so big! She is really changing quickly.
I am so glad you have a peace about Ella's sitter. That means a lot, doesn't it?!
Post a Comment