2007 was an AMAZING year for our family! We are truly thankful for all of the blessings we received! Here is a recap of 2007!
January- Mommy was fat, fat, fat! We had begun the countdown for Roo to arrive. All final touches were made to the nursery. Carson and Daddy attended Car's first Monster Truck show and won free tickets to the 2008 show! We also celebrated Daddy's thirty-first birthday!
February- God blessed our family with a perfect baby girl and he opened our hearts up for more LOVE to be added!!! Carson had a HUGE adjustment to make with the new addition to our family. We experienced a week of extreme JEALOUSY! After that, Car began LOVING her to pieces. I set out to nurse Ella and vowed to "do better" with her than I did with her brother. Despite having mastitis three times, I didn't give up (like I did with Car). February also brought the explosion of birthday parties. I believe all of Carson's friends have February birthdays.
March- We continued to adjust to life as a family of four. Ella began spitting up like crazy even though I was nursing. I began questioning if my milk was making her sick. Still, I stuck with it and continued nursing. She continued to grow and develop into the precious baby girl we know today! I enjoyed the time that Ella and I had to spend together while Big Brother was at school, but couldn't wait to go pick him up each afternoon.
April- April brought the beginning to this blog!!!! Ella celebrated her first Easter. She was a precious little bunny. My maternity leave ended much too quickly. It was definitely not easier leaving the second child. I made it through this adjustment knowing that summer vacation was only six weeks away. We were blessed to have family members come into our home and care for Ella beginning this month until the end of the school year. Ella was a spoiled little girl. Carson began his last year of t-ball. His baseball talents never cease to amaze us. One day he will be a future Brave! Ella enjoyed watching Big Brother play too!
May- Life was somewhat normal! I was back at work full time. Car was enjoying school and getting ready for complete his year in Ms. Cathy's class. His school had a precious end-of-the-year program. I was really sad for Car to have to say goodbye to Ms. Cathy and all of his "buddies" for the summer. The BEST news was I could be a stay-at-home Mommy for about three months! I was elated!
June- Aunt Lizzie threw me an AMAZING surprise 30th birthday party. All of my special family members and friends from throughout the different phases of life attended. It was an amazing day for me! Thanks Aunt Lizzie! In June, I also adjusted to being a stay-at-home Mommy. We spent most of our days relaxing around the house. We did venture out to storytime on Tuesdays.
July- July brought Ella's first beach trip and Mommy's first trip to the beach where she was confined to the condo for most of the time. Roo did not like being outside at all. Thoughts of a new school year began creeping into my head...and knots began forming in my stomach. We had NO idea who would take care of Ella when I had to return to work.
August- After much praying, we met the most amazing lady who would take care of Ella. We adjusted to the life of two working parents again, but it wasn't easy! Carson had surgery to correct a urological problem, and his mommy handled it much better than expected. (that is until after the procedure when we had a four year old screaming uncontrollably about his forehead hurting) Carson began his 4K year with a terrific teacher. He was so excited to see his new friends. This is the first time in Carson's life when we have left him somewhere happy at the beginning of a new school year!
September- We began the month celebrating Grammy's birthday. Then we celebrated Carson's fifth birthday. He had a dinosaur-themed party at the park. I found it hard to believe that the precious baby boy that we brought home from the hospital not so long ago, was already 5 years old! We also took Carson to see Walking with Dinosaurs. At first he was a little apprehensive, but after making it clear that we would under NO circumstances leave and waste 100.00, he settled down and enjoyed the show!
October- Isabella Brown, Ella's new friend, was born!! Ella experienced her first Halloween, but didn't have a costume! I had made up my mind that I was not going to "waste" money on a costume for her. I held those thoughts until the week before Halloween. I gave in and ordered her a precious caterpillar costume from Babystyle. I got an amazing deal on it and couldn't wait to see her wear it. I wasn't very wise in the fact that I didn't even try it on her until Halloween evening. Well, it didn't fit!!!!!!!! Roo had to wear a pumpkin outfit. Maybe next year we will try again! :) Carson and Ella's cousin Dawson turned 2 this month. We enjoyed his party in Walterboro.
November- Papa and Cousin Ian shared a birthday on the 13th. Carson and Ella really enjoyed Ian's party in Asheville. Carson had a blast sliding and jumping on the inflatable castle. Thanksgiving morning brought a visit to the pediatrician for us. Carson was diagnosed as having pneumonia. Despite the rocky start, we were able to enjoy time with family. We were truly thankful for all the blessings in our life.
December- Whew! December provided many highs and lows for our family. We lost our wonderful sitter to another family to which she had previously committed to. We had to make the dreaded transition to daycare. Roo, Mommy, and Daddy all had a hard time adjusting to this change. Roo cried every morning and was crying afternoon when we picked her up. She also went on an eating strike. But, worst of all - - - - - - - Ella became one very sick little girl. Within the three weeks of December that Ella was in daycare, she visited the doctor/Urgent Care/hospital five times, took four rounds of antibiotics, one antihistamine, and two steroids!!!!!!!!!! Maybe one day I will be a rich Mommy when I invent a "bubble" to keep my children in. Christmas was wonderful for our family. Christmas with two children was AMAZING! We continued or began new traditions that I hope will continue throughout the years. And finally, we must close this year with... ANOTHER sick child. Carson visited the doctor today with a high fever and a "braing" ache.
We thank God daily for the blessings that we received in 2007!!! It was an amazing year!!!!!!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Very nice Review. I really like this. Just want to see what 2008 will bring.
BOY, I'M EXHAUSTED JUST READING ABOUT YOUR YEAR. YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD LITTLE "BLOGGER". GET READY, FEBRUARY IS COMING UP SOON, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS....MORE BIRTHDAY PARTIES.
Post a Comment