Saturday, December 1, 2007

Change

Main Entry:
1change
Pronunciation:
\ˈchānj\
Function:
verb, noun
Inflected Form(s):
changed; chang·ing
Etymology:
Middle English, from Anglo-French changer, from Latin cambiare to exchange, probably of Celtic origin; akin to Old Irish camm crooked
Date:
13th century
transitive verb1 a: to make different in some particular : alter change the will> b: to make radically different : transform change human nature> c: to give a different position, course, or direction to2 a: to replace with another

synonyms change, alter, vary, modify



This one six letter word with such simple meaning, causes such immense anxiety for me! Friday brought the inevitable, but highly UNWANTED CHANGE into our lives! Friday was Ella's sitter's last day with our family. It has truly felt like we have lost a family member. I literary have shed many tears over this CHANGE! Over the last four months, Rose Marie has spent more time at our home than I have. Each day Roo anticipated the soft knock at the door with great joy! Ella was blessed with countless hours of one-on-one attention that otherwise she would have NEVER had because of Rose Marie. Each day brought special rocks, stories, feedings, playtimes, etc. Ella didn't have to compete with a mommy and daddy trying to divide their time evenly between her brother and her, or with a mommy trying to cook dinner, or with a daddy trying to wash bottles, or with her mommy doing some sort of school work whenever Rose Marie was around.

I know that time doesn't freeze, nor am I in control of life. We have prayed about this situation and have to embrace what God has in store for our family now. Monday will bring CHANGE. A CHANGE that will allow for Ella to have friends. A CHANGE that will allow Ella to go to school with her BIG BROTHER. A CHANGE that God has planned for our family.


5 comments:

Kristy said...

Heather, it will be ok. Ella will always have her big brother to watch out for her.

Elizabeth said...

I will be thinking about you and Ella today! She will be fine. Might take some getting used to, but it'll be okay. Love you!

Kelly said...

How's it going? I've been thinking about yall.

The Browns said...

I hope the CHANGE is going well!

Kristy said...

SO MRS. CASSIDY, HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN NOW SINCE YOU HAVE UPDATED YOUR BLOG?