Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Break 2009!!


























Whew! I cannot believe how quickly this Spring Break has flown by. It excites me to know that we only have nine more weeks, and we can live a life like this for a few months! We stayed up much too late every night and sleep late every single morning... AND LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT!

Monday- We met some precious friends from church at the zoo. Ella loved the "animals"! Carson enjoyed glancing at the animals, but then was ready to move on to the next ones. After enjoying a picnic lunch, the children played at the nice new park for awhile. Ella was worn out after our adventure, so we enjoyed a nice long afternoon nap.

Tuesday- After sleeping late and playing Wii fit, it was time for us to get ready for my therapy session. Carson and Ella stayed at Grammy and Papa's for awhile while I was at therapy. We ventured to Ella's school to return her picture proofs, and then came hope for yet another NAP! :)

Wednesday- I had a MOMMY DAY! I traveled to Lancaster to meet Marlee Foreman! It was so nice to visit with Allison. I miss seeing her. Marlee was just too precious! After leaving Allison's, I got lost trying to get to IKEA! I finally made it, but didn't shop for too long! Carson and Ella had a FUN day with Grammy and Aunt Z. They journeyed to Lowes to visit Daddy, to Party City, to a pizza place for lunch, and to Toys R Us for sure!! Ella got a new "Tiki"- Dora doll, and Carson got a blob stuffed animal from a new movie that is coming out soon.

Thursday- It was therapy day yet again! Carson and Ella spent a little time with Grammy and Aunt Z. We enjoyed a LATE nap, so Ella and I were up much too late that night.

Friday- We didn't sleep as late as we have been. I decided to take the children to the new park in Duncan. Carson didn't want to go unless he could take a friend. I even tried driving him by the park to see that would help convince him. My heart breaks at the fact that he is growing up and changing so quickly. Along with not wanting to hang out with Mommy and Ella any longer, he also has a hard time saying, "I love you" anymore. He thinks he is "too old"! I pray this is just a little stage he is going through!

We have had a very relaxing and pretty uneventful Spring Break! It has been nice to spend time together! I am so looking forward to being a full-time Mommy in about nine weeks!

4 comments:

The Browns said...

I am glad you had some special time with your babies! Our Spring Break started today and we are so excited!

Lana said...

That is definitely a perk to teaching... being a part-time SAHM!
Glad to hear that you and your little ones had a fun spring break!
I pray that your last 9 weeks go by as smoothly as possible! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the Cassidy family had a great spring Break!!I am happy and not happy at the same time about 9 more weeks of school left!Lets just hope PASS is easy and goes by fast!
See you Monday!
~Alaina~

Kristy said...

NAPS! WHAT ARE THOSE? I rarely get to take one. Glad you had some QT with your children. Brianna goes back to school tomorrow. Sad to say, we did nothing for Spring Break. It's hard when you are at work. I am hoping to take her to Riverbank Zoo next Saturday to make up for it.