Friday, April 17, 2009

One Year Later!!

Today was a very bittersweet day for me! I woke up this morning thinking about how this day one year ago was the last day I had with my precious children at O.P. Earle. As I walked out of school on that Friday afternoon, I had no idea of the plans God had for me!! I cried tears of sadness this morning when I thought back to that day in my life when my forty children had their teacher taken away from them. This afternoon God turned my sad feelings into complete happiness! I was able to look at that day in a totally different perspective. My precious children who bless my life each day surprised me with a celebration this afternoon... a celebration of LIFE! Each child had secretly written me a letter that Christine bound for me in a special scrapbook and each child painted his or her thumbprint on a special plate that will bring a smile to my face each day that I look at it. God carefully handpicked each and every child who would call me his or her teacher this year. God healed me, so that I may be the BEST teacher I could possibly be. God stretched my heart, so that I may LOVE each and every one of my angels abundantly. I don't know if I will ever forget the BLESSINGS I received today when each child joined me on that stage to read his or her letter personally to me!!!!!! Today before my eyes I was truly able to witness that "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





4 comments:

Christina said...

I am so happy that I have been able to see God take you from where you were to where you are! God ROCKS!!!! and you are pretty amazing too :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had such a special day!I am also glad that you have taken what could have been a horrible tradegy and turned it into a wonderful testimony that has touched SO many lives! You deserve the BEST in life! You have taught me to live each and every day to the fullest and for that I am grateful! I love you and I thank GOD for you!!!
-Alaina

Lana said...

Heather, That brought tears to my eyes! God is using you in such an amazing way and I love being able to watch Him at work via "blogging." I am so happy for you! God bless! Lana :)

Kristy said...

Such a sweet story and the plate the kids made you is beautiful. I'm sure you will treasure it always.