Sunday, April 19, 2009

One Year = NUMEROUS Blessings (in RaNdoM order)

Dear Lord,
You have blessed my life beyond words. Thank you...
1. for being My Healer
2. for being My Strength
3. for MY NEW BEGINNING
4. for providing me the opportunity to be a mommy on this earth for awhile longer
5. for protecting my children
6. for changing my heart
7. for every emergency responder
8. for every surgeon
9. for every doctor
10. for every nurse
11. for every therapist
12. for medication
13. for the inability to remember anything from the actual accident
14. for every single person who rushed to the hospital on that Saturday night
15. for the comfort You provided my family and friends on that night
16. for my daddy, sister, and grandmother who cared for my children on that night
17. for Brian for spending so many hours in the ICU waiting room
18. for the Hall family for praying for me, a mere stranger, at the scene
19. for the witnesses
20. for protecting my face
21. for the window falling down before leaving Target
22. for all the prayers that were lifted up in my name on that night
23. for others who donated blood so that I may live
24. for the Estee Lauder makeup that made my face look "rather" normal for a couple of days! :)
25. for every radiologist
26. for providing my co-workers with the words to tell my students they would no longer have their teacher for the rest of the year
27. for Debbie Hyder for teaching my precious children
28. for every single card that was made for me by the children of O.P. Earle
29. for Nita High who provided an indescribable amount of support
30. for Chuck Mullinax who visited and prayed over me SO often
31. for all of the flowers that turned my hospital room into a florist
32. for the AMAZING banner that covered a wall in my hospital room that was signed by the children of O.P. Earle
33. for every nurse tech who had the very difficult task of bathing me in the bed
34. for the air bed that made it possible for me to rest
35. for the team of techs that visited my room at all hours of the night checking my vitals
36. for the team of nurses who changed out my IV needles much too often!!
37. for the precious nutrition lady who brightened my every mornings and evenings with a smile
38. for Ensure
39. for sweet tea, the only thing I could stomach for days
40. for my lifetime friends' parents who visited me in the hospital very often
41. for my husband's energy and strength needed to balance the job of being "mommy" and daddy
42. for Elizabeth making sure Ella made it safely to Landrum each day
43. for Elizabeth getting up way earlier and driving way out of her way each morning for my children
44. for Amy Wilson
45. for all of the precious teachers at Carson's school who provided love and comfort for him each day
46. for You giving me strength to make it without seeing my children each and every day
47. for Carson's baseball team and set of parents who were so gracious to our family
48. for the night Carson won the game ball while I was confined to a hospital bed and for the technology for me to receive an instant picture
49. for all of Carson's baseball fans who sacrificed their time to watch him play
50. for ALL the time my precious daddy spent with his "little princess" in the hospital thoughout the day while my mom and Brian had to work
51. for my daddy making sure that I had the BEST possible care from every nurse tech, nurse, and doctor
52. for providing my AMAZING mom with super-mom and grandmother powers
53. for giving my mom the strength to witness the struggle that her daughter faced for so many days (being a mother myself, I don't know if I could be so STRONG)
54. for giving my mom the strength to work ALL day long and spend so many nights with me in the hospital
55. for Elizabeth sacrificing her lunch breaks MANY days to visit me at the hospital
56. for my mom and sister doing ANYTHING they possibly could to make Carson and Ella's lives continue as normal as possibly
57. for my mom filling in for me for Carson's Mother Day lunch at school
58. for Inman First Baptist's minister for visiting me
59. for Duncan First Baptist's minister for visiting me
60. for the days I could use a laptop in the hospital bed and feel reconnected to the world for at least a little while
61. for Kristy who stood in as my "guest" blogger to keep all those on the world wide web informed of my progress
62. for the days I had the strength to update my own blog
63. for my grandmother who would relieve my dad throughout the days
64. for me NOT having to be ALONE for the first two weeks
65. for the waterless shampoo that was created
66. for providing me the strength to lose all modesty
67. for my grandma washing and styling my hair, so I could feel a little better about myself
68. for Lowe's being so understanding and considerate with Brian
69. for Kid Cuisine meals
70. for Trisha and Jessica who took Carson to fun events
71. for Kristy who invited Carson over for MANY playdates with Brianna
72. for the Wagner family who allowed Carson to have playdates with Vance and his first sleepover
73. for Sabrina who left a precious brand new baby at home to spend time with me
74. for the laughs that letters of "old" memories brought
75. for Freddy who so graciously watched Tripp and Will so Sabrina could spend so much time with me
76. for Kelli and her entire family
77. for Kelli keeping Mr. Henson updated on my daily progress
78. for Kelli organizing a meal plan once I returned home from the hospital
79. for the groceries that Kelli brought to my house when I returned home
80. for Trisha who would keep me company through texts
81. for Trisha who would volunteer to spend the night, so my mom could get some rest
82. for Carolyn and Charlene who were truly Super Teachers
83. for Carolyn, Lori, Sara, Trisha, and any other friends I forgot to mention who babysat my children... loved them... and played with them
84. for the stronger friendship You created for Sara and me
85. for Karen Cutter...her constant prayers and cards
86. for the pedicures that Sara gave me
87. for Carolyn who ventured to shave my legs
88. for Charlene who provided me with NEW therapy shoes
89. for the day when I received my first REAL bath in a huge roll in shower
90. for the LOVE and attention I received constantly
91. for my precious students and their families who visited me
92. for my past students who visited me
93. for the cards I received from past students
94. for the laughs Trisha and I shared the night I read the priceless cards from students at O.P. Earle (especially ones from younger students)
95. for District One's Sick Leave Bank
96. for Nita High's endless attempts to see that I didn't lose much pay
97. for the weight loss
98. for the strength to sit up again
99. for the response I received from Ella the first time she visited
100. for Ella remembering I was her mommy
101. for Brian's success in getting Ella to sleep in her own bed
102. for the time Brian and I did get to spend together
103. for Bobbie who came to take care of the kids, so Brian could take care of me
104. for Karen who helped care for Carson and Ella
105. for John Hawkins
106. for leading me to the best rehabilition hospital
107. for my sister who cleaned me up to avoid embarrassment on my first night in rehab
108. for the AMAZING nurses and nurse techs at Mary Black
109. for the friendships I formed with Summer and Allison
110. for Jenny and Amanda (my rehab therapists)
111. for pushing me to do my very best in therapy each and every day
112. for allowing the opportunity to celebrate a sweet lady's 92 birthday with her
113. for amazing homemade ice cream my therapists made in the hospital
114. for my sister who created a poster of Carson for his K4 graduation
115. for providing me the skills to work a wheel chair
116. for the urologists who FINALLY saved me at 10:00 after battling a terrible kidney stone all day
117. for helping take my fear of vomiting away
118. for all my family and friends who continued to support Carson's baseball endeavors
119. for the day I could finally clean my ears out
120. for the day I could fully dress myself
121. for giving me the desire to wear make-up and fix my hair again
122. for all of my old high school friends who visited me in the hospital
123. for the pillows that were situated in every single way to keep me comfortable throughout the night
124. for daily naps
125. for text messaging
126. for the daily progress I made
127. for my day out of the hospital to eat Mexican and have ice cream at Brusters
128. for the night I snuggled with baby Will
129. for my monogrammed pillowcases reading "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".
130. for the Wild Wings chicken feathers that I so often looked forward to
131. for the Taco Bell dinner that Lori brought me
132. for the laughs I could have even in my darkest days
133. for the day I was able to ride across a toilet paper finish line when it was time for me to leave rehab
134. for all of the medical supplies that kept me comfortable
135. for all of the times Brian would so graciously get up with me in the night when I had to use the restroom
136. for all of the nurses in the hospital who would help me get to the restroom or adjust my room temperature all throughout the night
137. for the amazing graduation party we had after Carson graduated from preschool
138. for every single kiss I was able to give my children
139. for every single hug and kiss I received from my children
140. for the friends who traveled long distances to see me
141. for Dr. Max Finch
142. for slowing my heart rate down
143. for my special MP3 player
144. for the love you gave me for Christian music
145. for taking away the love I had for television
146. for my fourth grade team who made my bathroom handicap accessible for me
147. for the first shower I was able to take ALL ALONE
148. for my sister who quit her job to care for my children and for me
149. for my daddy who would come stay with me during the day
150. for the fun Carson, Ella, and I had outside during the summer
151. for providing me the opportunity to attend my first group of students' graduation from high school
152. for me being able to stand up at my students' graduation
153. for Nita High organizing a benefit concert in my honor
154. for Brothers Four who provided an AMAZING concert for me
155. for Northbrook for providing a ramp for our home
156. for Gina Burress who organized so many things for my family
157. for my mom, Liz, Carolyn, Trisha, Lindsay, and Jordan who helped me pack up my classroom
158. for the last visit I was able to have with my students at O.P. Earle
159. for the party my students had in my honor
160. for all of the hugs I was able to provide and receive from my O.P. Earle angels
161. for every former student who remembered me and prayed for me during this time
162. for every monetary donation my family received
163. for the cards I continued to receive once I got home
164. for "Revelation Song"
165. for the day I could stand on two feet again without support
166. for showing me all the work You did in my life prior to April 19, 2008
167. for being able to walk through the entire zoo during the summer with my children
168. for my trip to the beach just three months after the accident
169. for the beautiful new car You afforded us to have
170. for my family's help in reloading my "classroom" back in the van
171. for Brian helping me get my "classroom" moved into my beautiful new school
172. for all the hours people help me set up my new classroom
173. for everyone who has "climbed" for me this school year
174. for Tim Henson... his support and kind words have blessed my life beyond words
175. for Patti Hines
176. for Patti Simmons
177. for Arian Peterson
178. for Connie Harrill
179. for Greg Owens
180. for my new team for being so AMAZING and understanding with me this year
181. for leading me to a church in which Carson loves
182. for all of the friends Carson has at church
182. for my amazing pastor
183. for the love I feel at church
184. for Cha'Kiedrick
185. for Hannah Rose
186. for Hannah Grace
187. for Mattie
188. for Rebecca
189. for Jake
190. for James
191. for Amber
192. for Kayla
193. for Rayna
194. for Philip
195. for Roxanna
196. for Montrell
197. for Jaysa
198. for Jacob
199. for Jamal
200. for Ethan
201. for Nick
202. for Tristen
203. for Megan
204. for Austin
205. for Jennifer
206. for Michaux
207. for Alaina
208. for BreAnna
209. for Thomas
210. for Jordan B.
211. for Candace
212. for Emily B.
213. for Addison
214. for Coleman
215. for Caitlin
216. for Jordan M.
217. for Madison
218. for Kyndal
219. for Breonna
220. for Emily C.
221. for Jake
222. for Zane
223. for Antonio
224. for Courtland
225. for the teachers at my school to nominate me as Teacher of the Year
226. for being selected as Teacher of the Year
227. for receiving the honor of being Teacher of the Year two times in my life
228. for providing me the opportunity to reflect up my practices in the classroom
229. for LifeSong asking me to speak at their yearly ladies' event
230. for the opportunity to share Your amazing work with others
231. for putting words into my mouth and heart
232. for my mom, Sabrina, Kelli, Christine, Christina, Trisha, Alaina, Arian, Connie, Patti, Debbie, Carolyn, Kristy, Charlene, Sara, Karen, Grandma, Sheldon, Kelly, and Beth who were able to share in "This Night" with me
233. for my cross necklace that rests on my heart
234. for my nightly and morning devotions
235. for Experiencing God
236. for Ella's dedication...even if she was two
237. for the desire I have to help others
238. for lifting my spirits when I am down
239. for allowing me to be on the stands in Carson's baseball and basketball games
240. for giving me the strength to make it to 3:00 each day
241. for providing me such an amazing school to teach at so close to my house
242. for helping me handle stress in a completely different way
243. for showing me that I can do so much because of YOU!
244. for forgiving me for all of my sins
245. for loving more than anyone on this earth
246. for my parents who help me out so much so I can make it to my 100th round of therapy
247. for Brian and Dedra (my current therapists)
248. for the celebration my children had for me on April 17, 2009
249. for teaching me to WATCH for YOU
250. for using me and my experiences to witness to others
251. for Shannon Foster
252. for the friendships I have formed at church
253. for placing a burden on my heart to go to NYC this summer
254. for Brian taking vacation at work so I can go on the mission trip this summer
255. for the encouraging words I hear on a daily basis
256. for the opportunity to see Chris Tomlin
257. for my mom who surprises me with a clean house
258. for SSI
259. for Wii Fit
260. for LOVING me
261. for the relationships that I have developed with others
262. for the feeling I get inside when I hear Ella sing "Jesus Loves Me"
263. for the opportunity to see Carson and Ella grow and change every single day
264. for the beautiful flower bed Kristy built for me
265. for Ella loving school this year
266. for every new day you allow me to stay on this earth with my children
267. for the comfort I feel when driving
268. for being able to visit Target without fear
269. for showing me that You are Almighty!
270. for Bobbie
271. for Karen
272. for Charlie
273. for my precious nephews
274. for Donna
275. for Chris
276. for providing me the opportunity to still communicate with one of my special nurses from the hospital
277. for my fourth round of therapy being such a success for me
278. for waking up to breakfast in bed
279. FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: