Wednesday, December 3, 2008

From Tiny Steps...To a Huge Accomplishment


Today has been somewhat of a bittersweet day for me. It was a day for months that I had anticipated greatly. It was a day that for awhile I never thought would come. It was a day...that came today! I am proud to announce that on the same day the ramp was removed from our home, I graduated from physical therapy, but not before WALKING TWO MILES!! As crazy as it may sound to some, I am a little sad. As hard as those days in my life were and have been...I do miss those times. I look back and am AMAZED at the healing God has done on my body. As for the future...I will join the gym and continue my workouts! It will be a necessity!!!! I have an appointment with my orthopedic doctor tomorrow, so I will have a "clearer" picture of where I stand in the healing process.

Dear Lord,
I stand absolutely amazed at the rate in which You have healed my body. It is because of the strength that You provided that I now have returned to full flexibility, have improved my balance, have increased my strength, and continue to build my endurance. I ask that You continue to walk with me on this journey that I know will be lengthy, holding my hands along the way. For I know, that I can do all things through You who gives me STRENGTH!
- Amen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I cannot believe you have have become so strong so fast, only one way this was possible...God. Love ya girl.

Christina said...

I am so happy for you and I will continue to keep you in my prayers! You are such an inspiration to watch:)

Amanda-The Family News! said...

This is great!!! I am SO proud of you!!!!!

Amroosie said...

What a testimony you are! I rejoice with you today. Much love!

Lana said...

Heather, God IS so amazing! I am so happy for you and will continue to pray as you gain strength each and everyday! :) Lana

Kristy said...

I'm so very proud of you.

Just remember to "watch your step" as you walk off your porch now since the ramp is gone.