Saturday, April 14, 2007

My Last Official Day of Maternity Leave! :(

"OH NO! Mommy has return to work!!!!!!!!!!"

"I don't think I like that idea too much!"

Well, Friday, April 13th was my last day of maternity leave. I have been very fortunate to have eight weeks out with Ella, which is two more than I had out with Carson. Mommy and Ella spent the day together while Daddy and Carson journeyed to Lowe's Motor Speedway for a special day together. I decided to journey out on a shopping venture with Ella for a little while, so I would have something to wear back to work. Maternity clothes are getting pretty old considering it has been EIGHT weeks. Ella was perfect on our adventure to Old Navy. She slept most of the time. When we got home, I was able to get in my LAST weekday nap. I have been very spoiled! Ella usually wakes around five o'clock for a feeding and will go back to sleep until around eight or nine o'clock. So, of course, I sleep too. On Monday morning that will soon change! :) Five o'clock it will be for the next five weeks! After our nap, it was bathtime. Ella really enjoys her bath! I decided to take a few pics of bath time! Carson and Brian decided to come home around 5:30! They had a lot of fun in Charlotte! And our "GIRL" day couldn't have been more perfect!

I thought going back to work with the second child would be easier than it was with the first baby. Well, that is definitely NOT the case! It really hit me when Carson asked me with the sweetest voice on Saturday, "Well Mommy have you enjoyed your time at home with Ella?" and "Did you enjoy your time at home with me?" I was sad for two reasons! One it reminded me how hard it was going to be to leave her and two how GROWN UP my BIG BOY is now!

We have been very blessed this time around with my return to work! Ella is NOT going to have to go into any "childcare" setting right away. Our family members are taking turns taking care of Ella until the end of the school year. Grandma "Bobbie" is joining us the first week! She is going to be so surprised to see how much Ella has changed over the past two months. She hasn't seen her since she was born. Brian is planning to take one of his vacations the second week. It will be interesting to see how that week turns out! :) Aunt Karen, Big Cousin Ian, Aunt Lizzie, and Grammy will fill in the remainder of the time I am out. Ella Roo will be so SPOILED!! :) I know Car will enjoy the extra attention too!

The next few mornings and days are going to be extremely hard for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be counting down the minutes each day until I can come home to snuggle that perfect little angel of mine!!!!!! Summer break is just 39 todays away or 29 school days away...

No comments: