Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer FUN! (Week One)

I think we celebrated our first week of summer vacation in the water!  Memorial Day weekend and Memorial Day was a wash out!  It stormed for what seemed like days.  I guess God was showing us to slow down and relax during the first few days of break.  On Tuesday, we celebrated my 33rd birthday.  I was pleasantly awoken with homemade confetti sprinkled over my head and two precious children presenting me with a homemade card. We visited the public library to join the Summer Reading Program.  Carson was very excited about the opportunity to earn a medal this summer for reading.  He checked out four books to get started for the week.  Later in the afternoon,  we were invited to swim with Margaret and Drew.  After being stuck in the house for days, we could not turn down the offer.  Carson had a great time playing with Drew, and Ella had a BLAST jumping in the pool OVER and OVER and OVER again! After swimming, we ventured to Grammy and Papa's house for our traditional birthday celebration.  I decided to ask for breakfast for my special dinner.  Grammy's grits, pancakes, eggs, and bacon are the BEST.  I received lots of great gifts, but the most creative gift was a "Coupon Queen" shirt that Z, Carson, and Ella worked on the day before.  Carson and Ella also baked me a special "guitar" cake.  Wednesday and Thursday were pretty low key days.  We spent a lot of time at home relaxing.  Finally on Friday we celebrated Drew's birthday at Shipwreck Cove.  Carson loved playing with his friends while Ella and I enjoyed special Mommy-Roo time.  I LOVE being a full-time mommy! 

Week Two Preview:  Mommy has class... Carson starts All Sports Camp... Ella spends "girl time" with Grammy

1 comment:

Lana said...

Looks like you all had a fun and busy week. I love that little swim-float duck that Ella is wearing. I have seen a few of those on other blogs that I read. What a great idea! Hope class goes well this week. :) Lana