Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Scary Night for All!

Last night was a scary night for us. Ella's fever spiked at 102.8, which set her into a febrile seizure. She began shaking, her eyes stared blankly with no movement, she vomited, her eyes rolled back in her head, and she fell asleep. Brian and I immediately decided to take her to the closest emergency room. We arrived about 7:45 where she taken straight back. Almost immediately the nurses gave Ella a Tylenol suppository to try to get her now 103.4 fever down. We waited several hours before seeing the doctor. When she finally made it into our room, she ordered a flu, strep, and urine test. Ella was such a trooper despite all of the poking and prodding. All of these tests came back NEGATIVE. So... about 1:00am, the doctor ordered blood work. Blood work showed it was a evidentally some sort of bacterial infection, so soon after, they began a Rocephin IV drip. We FINALLY were on our way home at 2:00! It was a long night! As soon as we got into the car, Ella said, "I want to go to church!" God is so amazing! We are so thankful for all the prayers and for Grammy who had a sleepover with Car and made sure he was taken care of! She had a much better day today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know that must have bben a scary time but I want you to know that I am praying for your family and know that God will protect Ella at this time.
I love you dearly!
Alaina

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Oh goodness - I am so glad she is better. I bet that was scary. We took Lauren Friday to the dr after she slept ALL night the night before and ALL day Friday - she had to be woke up. Running a fever and they tested her for everything too - all negative. Not a good feeling not knowing what's wrong...