Where has the time gone?! Yet another year has passed us by as quickly as the blink of an eye. This year was so much better for us! You had a healthy mommy this year. I will forever be grateful for that! You sure did keep me busy! You went from being our little baseball star, to trying your athletic abilities at the sports of basketball and football! I loved to watch your basketball skills improve with each new game. I actually started to enjoy the sport of basketball toward the end of your season! Your baseball season was phenomenal. We were blessed with the most amazing team and group of coaches! You had an undefeated season up until the last game. There were few games when you didn't hit a homerun! Finally, I AGREED to allow you to try football. Being the protective mommy I am, I had a hard time making that decision. I think it helped a little knowing it was just flag football. Tonight you had your second game. I was so proud to stand in the rain to watch you run the ball a few yards.
I can't believe you are a big first grader and are one hall closer to Mommy! My heart smiles each day as I see you walk through the hallways with duck tails and bubbles in your mouth. I love with you sneak in a smile and a wave. You are so blessed to have an amazing first grade teacher. You blow me away with your math skills... you are a boy after your mommy's heart! Math was always my strength, and definitely my favorite. You are growing so much as a little reader. I look forward to the day when story time consists mostly of you reading to Mommy!
You are a FANTASTIC Big Brother. I love how you are the one Ella runs to when she is hurt or when she just wants a hug. I love to hear her call you "Broder". I don't know if you will ever be "Carson" to her, and if not... that's okay. I admire you for the way you share with Ella and give up your things so many times to prevent her from crying! Thank you for loving Ella so much! It is my dream that you will always be the protective brother you are today.
Finally, I have witnessed you grow so close to Jesus this year. We have found a new church family that you love. You are surrounded by GREAT friends at church... Tripp, Preston, Maggie, A.J., Joe, Ben, Luke, Savannah, Maribeth, and so many more. You blew me away in the preschool choir musicial. You did so well memorizing all of your lines. I know it is hard now having to sit in the big church service with us, but I pray you will begin to enjoy it more and will feel God's presence during our time of praise and worship.
Carson, SEVEN years ago, you changed Mommy's life forever! You made me realize what it is like to love someone so much you would give your very life for that person. You brought true happiness into my life. You made me a better person. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you at SEVEN!
I love you to the moon... and back!



1 comment:
It goes by so fast... Avery turned 3 on Sunday. It's amazing how fast it goes....
Post a Comment