Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #?


It has been a couple of weeks I think since I posted a Thursday Thirteen! It may be a few more before I have the time to post another one. So, I find it very fitting, but sad to post...

13 Reasons Carson and Ella will be Mommyless Over the Next Week or So
1. It is REPORT CARD time. Our district uses a very lengthy computerized standards-based report card that takes me WAY TOO MUCH time to complete (especially since I teach forty children)!
2. I MUST go to work at my school on Saturday to finish preparing for next week's conferences.
3. My first night of student-led conferences is on Monday until 6:00. Well, they are set to end at six, so who knows when I will get out of there. The room must be transformed back into its norm before I leave. Twenty children will be waiting by my door bright and early to get in. If you are a teacher, you know that you don't want to upset the norm!
4. It takes at least 30 minutes to drive home from work after a L-O-N-G twelve hours.
5. My second night of student-led conferences is Tuesday until 6:00.
6. Immediately following conferences, our PTO meeting begins!
7. Working at least 14 hours a day won't allow much time for anything else but crashing in the bed!
8. Our school's Fall Festival is on Thursday from 4-7. Once again, another 12 hour workday.
9. Late afternoon planning sessions will occur since all of my other time at the beginning of the week will be consumed with preparing for conferences.
10. My tired body will begin wearing down, so I am sure I will catch some sickness going around!
11. My husband will probably kick me out of town because I will be so grumpy! Of course, he will keep my children with him!
12. My mom, dad, and sister will probably kick me out of the country because they have had to keep my children all week!
13. A mandatory after school meeting was called for next MONDAY afternoon from 3-6! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO TEACHES WHO HAS SMALL CHILDREN WHO NEED THEIR MOMMY TO TAKE CARE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(As I finish this quick post, Carson comes and places his head on my arm and in the sweetest voice says, "Why can't you spend time with me?")
Little does he know what next week holds in store... :(

8 comments:

Kelly said...

This makes me want to cry!! I feel your pain! I worked 2 nights until 6 this week, but that's nothing compared to what your next week will be like! I'll be praying for you and your family!

Kristy said...

Bless your heart. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Elizabeth said...

Carson and Roo will miss you while you're busy. But don't worry -- Aunt Lizzie will take good care of them! :)

Anonymous said...

I'll try to pray you through this one. Remember, mommy first, then school. Love ya!

The Pettigrew's said...

I so know how you feel. I drive an hour to work and an hour home so I don't get to see Tucker until 6 or 6:30. It makes my day so sad. Leave notes for Carson to read when he gets home... he will love it!

Anonymous said...

Not to mention your crazy friend is bout to have a baby!!
You need to get out of there! The grass is not perfect but it is greener where I am!
kjb

Anonymous said...

Girl, I feel your pain!! We have new 1st grade report cards that we have to save individually and print front/back one at a time! Takes FOREVERRRR! Also doing conferences and fall festival this week. I don't have 2 kids at home but I have one at home and one in my tummy that wears me out all day!Plus a hubby coaching football! YUCK!
However, remember, this is only for a season. This too shall pass! :)
And, you know there is a new school being built 5 minutes from your house where we could teach together!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

girl, we made it...what a very rough week it has been...I am here for ya, call me anytime...