Ella,
As I sit here typing, you are sleeping on the couch. It is only 8:05, so for you to be asleep is an abnormality. You have been one sick little girl for about a week now. It seems that it never fails... you always end up sick the week of your birthday. One year we shared the flu. This year, it seems we may have escaped the official flu diagnosis after two negative test results, but you sure have all of the flu symptoms. I am a little sad because I had big plans for you tomorrow. I was going to pick Reagan up with you tomorrow from school, and we were going to go to Build-a-Bear and Iced. This would be the first time you have had a playdate with a friend of your own. No worries, as soon as you are all better (HOPEFULLY Friday), our plan will stand! I cannot wait to share some special GIRL time with you two! We will pretend it is your birthday whatever day we get to go! :)
You have really blossomed this year. You have been taking dance since August at Rhythms. You have made some great friends, and Mommy enjoys catching up with old friends while you are in class. I cannot wait to see you perform as a monkey in May. You also started Awana this fall. This has to be one of my very favorite things you do. I LOVE teaching you God's word each week. You are doing so well with memorizing your verses and earning your patches. In just a few short weeks, you will begin your first season of coach's pitch baseball. I literally cannot wait to see you follow in your brother's footsteps. My heart smiles when I think of your pink helmet, pink glove, and pink bat! I look forward to the many afternoons when Carson helps you practice outside.
The LOVE you have for reading has really grown this year!! You will sit for endless amounts of time and listen to others read to you. There have been many afternoons when Brother and I had to wait for Ms. Cathy to finish reading a book before you were ready to leave school. You love to sit in your room and read by yourself. You do so well "reading" the pictures in books. I pray that the love you have for reading will continue to grow each year. As for coloring, you are definitely like your brother. Even though I haven't received any notes from your teacher like I did from Carson's teacher at your age, your coloring looks very similar to what his looked like. I am proud to notice that you are recently trying to "stay in the lines" and are enjoying it a little more. You have developed a recent interest in cutting with scissors. Even though you have a hard time cutting on lines, you enjoy sitting in the floor and cutting little bits of paper. You LOVE working puzzles. You sit on the floor, dump all of the pieces out of the box, and work diligently until the puzzle is complete. There are very few times when you have to ask for help to complete them.
Ella, I thank God for the heart that you have. You have such a strong love for others. There isn't a day that passes when you don't attempt to do something or make something for someone else. You have wrapped so many of your rings, bracelets and necklaces up to give Reagan. You have "written" stories for your friends. You have drawn pictures and stapled pieces of paper together for your friends. I am so proud that you are being the light in the lives of others.
Ella, Mommy loves you more than you will ever be able to comprehend until the day you become a mommy. I LOVE to watch you grow and change. I love to see you developing your own personality. I love every single thing about you... especially "Frinkle"!! :)
I love you to the moon... and back! I love you to the sun... and back! I love you to the stars... and back!
-Mommy



1 comment:
Oh, I hope Ella is feeling better and that all of those wonderful birthday plans were able to come to fruition. I can't believe she is 4 yrs. old. However, I still have a hard time thinking Mackaylan is almost 6 too. Man, time flies!!!!!
Post a Comment