Carson,
God provided Mommy with the greatest blessing He could possibly give anyone eight years ago. I stand in awe as I think back to how much joy you have brought into my life these past eight years. It is my hope that you are able to see the happiness you bring into my life every single day.
You are now a big second grader. I am not sure where your first grade year went, but now you are doors closer to Mommy's big hallway. You were so blessed with Ms. Martin in the first grade. She is such a special person to our family. You are now blessed with Mrs. Burrell. You have learned so much in second grade already. You have brought home so many A's already! I will never forget the look on your face when you told me you made a 95 on your first math test. To see the tears fill your eyes and the redness in your face, it was like you had made an F. I have to say Carson, you definitely take after me in that area. You are more and more of a perfectionist by the day! Over the past year, you have developed a love for reading. I will forever be indebited to Ms. Martin for this. Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, Captain Underpants, and The Black Lagoon book series are your favorites.
You have continued to grow athletically as well. You had a great basketball season with Upward. You LOVED it! Baseball was a little more difficult for you this year as a batter. You did not transition well to the pitching machine. After a rough middle season with upward swings and many strikeouts, you pulled it back together by the end. Even through the rough times, you made an awesome 2nd baseman! You are now currently in your second football season. You are a star on the field. You have caught several interceptions, scored several times, had some amazing runs, and played great defensively. Mommy will always be your biggest fan!!
Not too many months ago, you asked Jesus into your heart. That is definitely a moment I will never forget. I don't think you are quite ready for baptism yet, but I pray over the next year or so you will be ready to take that life-changing step. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and will forever cherish our special prayer time each morning on the way to school. I especially like the days when you pray aloud in the car. I have seen you grow more compassionate for others lately. You are making an honest effort to "be the light" in others' lives!
You are an amazing BIG brother just like always. You work magic when Ella cries. It only takes, "If I say... will you stop?" and she does! Now, that would NEVER work for Mommy! Now don't get me wrong, you two do have your moments that make me want to pull my hair out... especially after a LONG day of school. I have threatened many times to move you to the back of the bus! The small "disagreements" don't seem to last too long before you two are buddies again!
Carson, you are light in my life! I love you to the moon... and back!
- Mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment