Monday, May 17, 2010

A FULL Heart

After having a very difficult day, Jesus ONCE again made His work very clear to me.  He made it very clear that no matter how hard of a day I may have, He is constantly working.  Normally, Ella is in bed cuddling with me. Our normal Monday routine is watching Dancing with the Stars together.  Well... tonight was definitely a change from the norm.  Carson crawled into bed with me despite the fact that any show that remotely has anything to do with dancing is of NO interest to him.  We spent some quality time talking about how proud I was of him tonight for his great baseball practice.  As I turned my attention to the television for a brief moment, Carson got really quiet and closed his eyes.  After a moment, he opened his eyes and said, "Mommy, I just asked Jesus in my heart."  Tears filled my eyes for many reasons obviously.  No matter how well he does on an addition timed test or the number of homeruns he hits in a season, NOTHING could ever top the pride I feel tonight!  I decided long ago that I will let Carson decide on his own when the time was right to ask Jesus in his heart.  I realized tonight, however, that it wasn't his decision, it was Jesus' decision for tonight to be "the night".  After a few minutes, Carson then says, "Mommy does it feel different when Jesus is in your heart?"  as he held his hand still over his chest.  We spent quality time together reviewing the plan of salavation and praying together.  I pray that Carson's walk with Jesus will be a MIRACULOUS one!  I cannot wait for Carson to SEE the work of our Father every single day of his life and to know that he is forgiven for all of the "black" that enters his life.

1 comment:

Lana said...

That is awesome! I am sure you ARE beaming with pride. I know I will be when Mackaylan makes that important decision. :)