Ella,
As I prepare to snuggle with you tonight, I have to admit I feel a little bit of sadness...okay A LOT of sad feelings in my heart... At approximately one o'clock, as you are having sweet dreams, you will officially no longer be my baby girl. You will become my two year old toddler. I feel sad because you exited babyhood in what seemed like only minutes! Time has flown by much too quickly for your mommy. I don't know what the future holds for our family, but you may be Mommy's last baby. Because of that, I want you to know no matter how many birthdays pass for you... you will always be my baby! You have changed so much over this past year. You really developed your vocabulary ... your words multiplied so quickly, I couldn't keep up with them for very long. You began walking even though it took much longer for you than it did for your big brother. I will NEVER forget the text message your daddy sent me while I was in the hospital of your first steps across our living room floor. I had NO idea that you were even beginning to walk, much less as far as the video showed. I am sorry that I missed seeing that HUGE milestone with my own eyes, but God had other plans for Mommy's life at that time. You were MUCH healthier this year!! We praise God for that! You also adjusted to "school" much better than you did before your last birthday! You love your teachers so much, you even call them at night before going to bed sometimes. You never break your daddy's heart when he drops you off anymore. That is a HUGE blessing that we are also very thankful for. You have grown into such a little nurturer. The love, care, and compassion that you have for your babies melts my heart every single day. It is my prayer that when you become a mommy one day, you will not lose those feelings that you have now...and that they will only become stronger. We also found a church family to join this year. You seem to really enjoy the new friends that we have made... that is as long as I don't leave you in the nursery. We held your baby dedication just a few days before your second birthday. It was definitely a service that your mommy and daddy will NEVER forget. Your name carries such strong Biblical meaning, and it was made evident during this service. One thing I can't leave out is the relationship that you and Carson have developed this year. It melts my heart to see the LOVE that you both have for one another. I love to see you two hug, to run to each other for comfort, to hear you say, "Brother", and even to see you two "fight"---- I know I may eat those words one day. Ella, I love you more than you will ever know. I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life as a two year old!!!!!!!
As I prepare to snuggle with you tonight, I have to admit I feel a little bit of sadness...okay A LOT of sad feelings in my heart... At approximately one o'clock, as you are having sweet dreams, you will officially no longer be my baby girl. You will become my two year old toddler. I feel sad because you exited babyhood in what seemed like only minutes! Time has flown by much too quickly for your mommy. I don't know what the future holds for our family, but you may be Mommy's last baby. Because of that, I want you to know no matter how many birthdays pass for you... you will always be my baby! You have changed so much over this past year. You really developed your vocabulary ... your words multiplied so quickly, I couldn't keep up with them for very long. You began walking even though it took much longer for you than it did for your big brother. I will NEVER forget the text message your daddy sent me while I was in the hospital of your first steps across our living room floor. I had NO idea that you were even beginning to walk, much less as far as the video showed. I am sorry that I missed seeing that HUGE milestone with my own eyes, but God had other plans for Mommy's life at that time. You were MUCH healthier this year!! We praise God for that! You also adjusted to "school" much better than you did before your last birthday! You love your teachers so much, you even call them at night before going to bed sometimes. You never break your daddy's heart when he drops you off anymore. That is a HUGE blessing that we are also very thankful for. You have grown into such a little nurturer. The love, care, and compassion that you have for your babies melts my heart every single day. It is my prayer that when you become a mommy one day, you will not lose those feelings that you have now...and that they will only become stronger. We also found a church family to join this year. You seem to really enjoy the new friends that we have made... that is as long as I don't leave you in the nursery. We held your baby dedication just a few days before your second birthday. It was definitely a service that your mommy and daddy will NEVER forget. Your name carries such strong Biblical meaning, and it was made evident during this service. One thing I can't leave out is the relationship that you and Carson have developed this year. It melts my heart to see the LOVE that you both have for one another. I love to see you two hug, to run to each other for comfort, to hear you say, "Brother", and even to see you two "fight"---- I know I may eat those words one day. Ella, I love you more than you will ever know. I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life as a two year old!!!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment