At 1:43am Carson officially became a BIG BROTHER! Ella made her grand entrance into the world weighing 7 pounds 15.8 ounces. She was 20 1/4 inches long. She was absolutely perfect!
Now for the birth story...
On Friday, February 16 I worked a somewhat normal day. I had already decided that Friday would be my last day of work. Debbie Hyder, who was going to be my substitute, spent the day with my children and me. I was trying my very best to make sure that I made prepared everything just right for her to take over my class. I was trying to rush through a lesson on the major battles of the American Revolution just so Debbie could show a video on her first day. Little did I know that that one social studies lesson would be the beginning of labor. My back was killing me, and Debbie could see by the look on my face that something was going on. I made it through luckily and finished out the day, even staying until five o'clock to make sure that all my spelling tests were graded and recorded. When I got home I had my usual Chick-fil-A dinner that I so often had on Friday night when I was pregnant. Carson had two birthday parties to go to on Saturday, Vance's and Alex's. I sent Brian and Carson out to shop for the presents while I relaxed on the couch watching Entertainment Tonight. I decided to go to bed early, and within a few minutes I began having abdominal pains. From the instant they hit, they were three minutes apart. At first I thought I had an upset stomach from my Chick-fil-A sandwich. The pains were so intense I had to get out of bed and began pacing as I timed each one. I walked, walked, walked around the kitchen. I finally called my mom and dad to tell them. Brian had no idea! Finally, after giving in to my mother's persuasion, I called Brian and told him I thought it was best that he came home. While he was on his way home, I began showing other signs of labor. I called the doctor, and they told me they thought it would be best if I made my way to the hospital. I immediately called my mom, so she could come stay with Carson. When Brian got home, we gathered our bags, and we were off as soon as my mom arrived. Every three minutes pain struck with full force Oh, but the breathing techniques quickly came back to me, and I put them to use. We arrived at the hospital around 10:00. I was just dilated to a 2, and the doctor even considered sending me home. Luckily, I persuaded her to let me stay since my due date was only a day away. She made it clear to me that it may be a long night, but I could stay if I wanted to. She then asked me about an epidural. An epidural at 2 cm???? I had always heard that an epidural might slow things down. She said that I could have an epidural as soon as I wanted it, and it wouldn't effect the progress of labor. No need to wait! I had the epidural as soon as the anesthesiologist arrived. Dr. Bridges broke my water, and Ella was soon on her way!!! Ella made her grand entrance into this world at 1:43 am, much sooner than anyone had anticipated!!! Brian and I were elated and couldn't wait for her BIG BROTHER to be able to meet her later on that morning! Ella was perfect, and labor was much easier the second time around!!!!!!!!!!
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment